• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Phillips, Richard or Nicholas a.k.a Nick or Dick

icy333

Inactive
Reaction score
My father was born in Edmonton, Alberta in December possibly around 1917. He joined the army and I think he was in the Irish Regiment.
He was in Sicily and may have been wounded in the knee. I have been searching for information for him for years. I have no family left except for a grandson and would like to know what happened to him. I contacted the DND and they did send me some info however most of it was blacked out birth date etc. serial number. The last I knew he was in Kenora Ontario in 1949. His parents were George and Margaret Phillips of Edmonton and he had 3 brothers, George, Robert and Walter, one sister Claire, all deceased. My mother's name was Blanche but I believe she went by the name of Diane, her maiden name was Pelletier and when I was born they lived on Dundas Street in Toronto, that was in 1947. I also heard that he may have changed his name to Michael Taylor and lived in Vancouver, but that was just something I heard in passing. If anyone can help, I would be most grateful. Thank you

I am still looking for any information about my father, Nicholas Richard Phillips. I believe he was in the Irish Regiment during WW11 and joined possibly in Edmonton, His parents were Margaret and George Phillips who also lived in Edmonton. He was married to a Diane or Blanche Pelletier. He was born in December possibly around 1912 or so, but am not sure of the year. I believe he was wounded in Sicily, possibly in the knee but again this is just something that was said in passing. He had three brothers, George, Robert and Walter. That's about all I know about my father--pretty sad isn't it. The last anyone heard of him is that he lived in Toronto Ontario in 1947. icy333@telus.net

my email has changed to sbwatson3@shaw.ca. I would still like to find something on my dad.

Back