• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Phase 4/DP 1.2 Inf. Offr

Canadian.Trucker

Inactive
Mentor
Reaction score
Had a question on how hard it is for a Reserve Infantry Officer to get onto the Reg. Force Phase 4 course?  I have all Reg Force quals, right from IAP and I'm going to be completing Phase 3 this summer.  Granted, it's not for sure that I'll pass the course, but I wanted to know for my own knowledge how hard it is for a Reserver Officer to get onto the Inf. Phase 4?  I thought that because I have all Reg F quals that it would not be as hard as someone that has done the Res BOTP etc.  Anyone know?

CdnTrucker

The short answer?: tough, very tough, but not impossible (at least here in the Western Canada reserve world).  We have had one guy go on Phase 4, but it practically required a papal bull to get it done. You will probably have to get some one with pull to go to bat for you and get the CoC lined up in Brigade to support it. Phase 4, so I've been told, is a high demand course for the reg. force, and it's also expensive to run (two conditions which tend to mitigate against the militia).

You reg. force credential might help, but arm twisting will probably help more.... ;)

cheers and good luck, mdh

Mmm...I figured as much, but thought I would ask anyway.  When I return from this summer is when I will make the suggestion to my CO about it.  No point in doing it now as I'll be told "we'll talk when you return from this summer" anyway.  My regiment might be taking on a DFS tasking sometime in the near future, so a platoon commander with Mech quals would be a definite feather in the unit's cap, not to mention my own career aspirations.

Thanks for the well wishes, guess it'll just be watch and shoot. :skull:

Back