• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Peter Nygard arrested in Winnipeg and hit with sex trafficking charges.

Retired AF Guy

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Canada's version of Jeffery Epstein??

Canadian fashion mogul Peter Nygard arrested on sex trafficking charges

Brendan Morrow

4:07 p.m.

Canadian fashion mogul Peter Nygard has been arrested in Winnipeg and hit with sex trafficking charges.

Nygard on Tuesday was indicted on charges including racketeering and sex trafficking as prosecutors accused him of a "decades-long pattern of criminal conduct," The New York Times reports.

The U.S. attorney's office for the Southern District of New York in a news release detailed the nine-count indictment, alleging that over the course of 25 years, Nygard used his company's "influence, as well as its employees, funds, and other resources, to recruit and maintain adult and minor-aged female victims," often targeting victims from disadvantaged backgrounds or with a history of abuse. He and his co-conspirators allegedly "used force, fraud, and coercion to cause women and minors to have sex with Nygard and others," prosecutors said.

Nygard sexually assaulted some of the victims, prosecutors also alleged, and other victims were allegedly "forcibly assaulted by Nygard's associates or drugged to ensure their compliance with his sexual demands." The prosecutors said Nygard used false promises of career opportunities, threats, and other "coercive means" to control his victims, allegedly requiring them to "engage in sexual activity at his direction" and recruit other women or minors for him to have sex with.

News of the indictment comes after The New York Times reported in February that Nygard's Manhattan corporate headquarters and Los Angeles home had been raided amid an investigation into sexual assault allegations. He subsequently stepped down as the chair of Nygard International.

Link

Colin P said:
I get it started "Peter Nygard didn't hang himself"

No need to thank me, I show myself out....

He's not likely to. He will be closely watched - I have no doubt of that.

It just gets better and better for Prince Andrew

Police swoop on 'pervert' tycoon: Fashion mogul Peter Nygard, who once hosted Prince Andrew at a private resort, is held over alleged sex-trafficking of teenagers
By SAM GREENHILL CHIEF REPORTER FOR THE DAILY MAIL

A fashiontycoon who met Prince Andrew has been arrested on suspicion of raping, drugging and sex-trafficking teenagers.

Peter Nygard, 79, allegedly told girls as young as 14 he could make them models before forcing them into ‘deviant acts’.

The Duke of York visited the Canadian mogul at his private Bahamas resort in 2000, not long after Nygard had agreed out-of-court settlements with three employees who accused him of sexual harassment.

Andrew, who was around 40 at the time and had been divorced for four years, is not accused of anything in connection with the Nygard case. But it potentially threatens further embarrassment for the prince, already under mounting pressure over his friendship with paedophile Jeffrey Epstein.

Billionaire Nygard was last night in custody in Winnipeg, Canada, facing extradition to New York following an FBI probe.
When Andrew, 60, visited Nygard’s Mayan-themed Bahamas resort in 2000, he took ex-wife Sarah Ferguson and daughters Beatrice and Eugenie.

See article here.

:cheers:

So if they extradite him before Meng Wanzhou, that will be awkward.

He won't hang himself.  They can't use the same method too often, less the sheep start to catch on  ;)

I'm guessing he'll rot for a while, have some Covid related delays, and eventually have a heart attack or something.  Gotta' play the game in the shadows, after all.

Whoever leaked the info to get 2 high profile sex traffickers arrested, good on them.  Let them 'hang themselves'.  0 craps given here. 

(Can we subject them to enhanced interrogation before they get suicided tho?  So we can find more?) 

Update: Bail denied. He continues to occupy a bed space here.
There is a CBC podcast about him. I’ve listened to and witnessed some disturbing stuff. I listened to the first 3/4 of the first episode and I won’t listen to it ever again. Vile and disgusting .

On that note I probably won't listen, just due to the fact that it will disgust and enrage me. The accusations & circumstances surrounding them is enough for me to hope he rots in prison for the rest of his days -- I'd actually prefer that to him being 'not assassinated' while in custody.

Met him once or twice in the eighties. I thought he was a disgusting slimeball then.
I could never understand why so many practically thought he walked on water.

Back