• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Petawawa Thread- Merged

Petawawa Red Friday Rally
&
March of Military Appreciation

May 11th 2007

Time: 9:30am – 11:00am

Sequence of events:

9:00am -9:25am                    community assembles at Petawawa legion

9:30am                                    rally begins
                                              -National Anthem
                                                -prayer
                                                  - Speeches

1010am                                closure of Petawawa Blvd & Victoria Street

~Community will assemble on Petawawa Blvd under the direction of the parade Marshals~

1015am                                  parade departs from Petawawa Legion

-proceeding south on Petawawa Blvd
                                                            Turning east on Victoria St

1040am                                  parade arrives at Petawawa town hall
                                                                      Roads reopen

1040am -1100am                    parade assembles on hill behind Petawawa town hall
                                                      For Red Friday Rally picture

* Two Parade marshals will be there to help assemble the community parade *

**The OPP will be on hand to participate and to ensure safety during the parade

:cdn:

I'll be there in spirit. Just wish I wasn't going to be stuck in Trenton!!  :crybaby:

Here's a pic to show my support!!

HPIM0608.jpg

Great Picture Moe! The balloon is quite the nice touch also  ;D

~Rebecca

I'll definitely be there!  I also know that a lot of other  DBty/2horse spouses plan on attending with their kids (it's a PD day here in Pet), so it should be an awesome turnout.

Awesome Red Friday Rally today! It was great to see the Prime Minister, the Minister of Defence and the CDS there! Very well done, thanks for having it!

My wife and kids went out...they were impressed by all the people marching up Petawawa Boulv from the bridge.

She said the youngest did not enjoy standing there for all those speeches.

Yes the rally on Friday was fantastic (except it was a bit chilly)!  The Prime Minister's speech rocked!!!  Our kids were bored a bit as well, but our son was fascinated with the PM's security team. Boys! :)

Im on a tasking away from home and I'll be coming back for XMAS, I want to know where I can pick up some flowers for the ol' lady before i come through the door

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Order online and have them delivered the day before you arrive.  Same effect, no flowers getting mangled in embraces.

http://www.canadasflorists.com/

There is a Flower shop next to the Subway.  Another, and better one, as you enter Pembroke, on the right hand side of the road, across from the Champlain Motor Inn, and just before King Burger and Harveys.

Kevin's Flowers gives great service and are very supportive of the troops.  :salute:

Chimo said:
Kevin's Flowers gives great service

I did have a bad experience with them, when I got moldy flowers.  Being a guy I didn't notice; but the little lady did.    :-[

Depending on what you want check out Moncion's if you are going to pick them up.  They normally have a good selection and the prices are alot more reasonable.  If you are going to have them sent either shop mentioned is good

Thanks a lot guys, your gonna make me look good.  This really helped.

Hello all,

I am buying a house in the Deep River area and would like to get some work done on it. Can anyone recommend a good contractor in the Deep/Chalk River or Petawawa area?
I would simply look through the yellow pages but I figure some good contractors may not be listed.

Many thanks,

TTG

I can't help you with a good contractor, but I can tell you to avoid Handyman home services at all costs.
We hired them to do fairly extensive reno's on our place. Not only was the work sub-par, they didn't complete the job and we ended up having to hire someone else and pay them $1200 to finish some exterior work.
If you're still looking for good contractor's though, a good place to start might be the hardware stores (other than Home Depot). They'll be able to tell you of companies/people they've dealt with and then be sure to check reference.

Good Luck

Can anyone tell me of another cable provider out here. I would really like more options then Bell. Im getting a PMQ, and cant find anyone else who provides cable. Appreciate the help.

Back