• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Personal car at Basic, or other courses? [MERGED]

Angus6369 said:
Mariomike you are the man! I tried using the search function and Google and I kept coming up with different stuff.

Thanks!

You are welcome. Good luck.  :)

[quote author=PMedMoe]

they may NOT pay you for mileage if the airfare (or bus fare) is cheaper.  Take your car if you like but be prepared for that.[/quote]

This being said, often if you elect to take the more expensive form of transportation, it is sometimes possible to get them to give you the cash equivalent of whatever the cheapest option is. Say a flight is $600 and driving would be $800, you can drive and get them to give you $600. Sometimes...

More good advice,

PMedMoe said:
Also, if you're from quite a distance away, leave plenty of time (to get on a plane, train or bus if required) in case of car troubles.  I'm pretty sure if they wanted you to take a plane and you took your car, the excuse "Well, my vehicle broke down" isn't going to go over very well.

Hi,
Can someone tell me if it is allowed to park our cars at St-Jean during the QMBO?
In short, is there a safty and free parking for us?

When you search for questions already asked, the answers are often found easily:

Using "site:navy.ca bmq parking" in Goggle, brought me to the need for a car during training.

This thread answers the questions you posted.

You should receive Joining Instructions prior to travelling. Read them, understand them, follow them.

The CF has been getting recruits to their courses for far longer than this Site has existed. Very few go missing.

Ofranky said:
Can someone tell me if it is allowed to park our cars at St-Jean during the QMBO?
In short, is there a safty and free parking for us?

You can submit your question directly to elrfc-cflrs@forces.gc.ca

See also,

Canadian Forces Leadership and Recruit School
Joining Instructions
http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/training-establishments/recruit-school.page

are you allowed to have a car at bmoq?
http://milnet.ca/forums/threads/94233/post-937448.html#msg937448

Nostix said:
If you use your own vehicle:

This method entails the candidate using a personal motor vehicle (whether the vehicle belongs to him/her or someone else). Candidates who wish to park their vehicle in the Saint-Jean Garrison for their course must have registration and insurance papers with them. You will have to park your vehicle in either lot A1 or lot A2. During the course, you will only be authorized to use your vehicle during designated weekends or holidays.

From: http://www.cflrs.forces.gc.ca/menu/pd/pa-ap/index-eng.asp

Take that however you wish.

Quick summary of my situation: I have a month left of basic and I do not have my car with me so I was told that they will fly me out to my next posting in Esquimalt. However, I need my car so I was wondering how I can go about leaving with my parents after graduation so I can drive from home to my next posting. Does anyone know who I can talk to regarding this issue? My instructors tell me different things and don’t seem to know who I can go to in order to get the information I need. Thanks in advance.

crlemesur said:
Quick summary of my situation: I have a month left of basic and I do not have my car with me so I was told that they will fly me out to my next posting in Esquimalt. However, I need my car so I was wondering how I can go about leaving with my parents after graduation so I can drive from home to my next posting. Does anyone know who I can talk to regarding this issue? My instructors tell me different things and don’t seem to know who I can go to in order to get the information I need. Thanks in advance.

At some point later close to the end of your basic you will have the posting admin periods with the clerks and it's at that point where you'll choose to fly or drive to your posting.

You might not be able to "choose" depending on course dates, leave, etc.  Keep that in mind.

crlemesur said:
I was wondering how I can go about leaving with my parents after graduation so I can drive from home to my next posting.

Although your POMV is not at St. Jean, if you wish to drive it from home to Esquimalt, you may find this related discussion of interest,

Personal car at Basic, or other courses? [MERGED]
https://navy.ca/forums/threads/36120.25
4 pages.

Back