• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Personal addons to the standard issued tac vest.

As promised, albeit a couple days late (Army.ca site was down on Friday...)

Some more personal add-ons to the CF Tac-Vest:  http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/53469/post-738142.html#msg738142

More add-ons to the tac-vest

Tac-Vest Hydration Harness http://www.cpgear.com/default.asp?mn=1.19.56&f=pd&pid=627

MPAK Small http://www.cpgear.com/default.asp?mn=1.19.56&f=pd&pid=625

MPAK Large http://www.cpgear.com/default.asp?mn=1.19.56&f=pd&pid=626

MPAK Commander http://www.cpgear.com/default.asp?mn=1.19.56&f=pd&pid=667

Tac-Vest Front Adaptor Panel http://www.cpgear.com/default.asp?mn=1.19.56&f=pd&pid=652

Well Matt I've made up my mind (a couple months later...) and I'll be placing a pretty decent sized order this Saturday.  Thanks for the input every one I've taken it in to great consideration while deciding on this purchase. I'm looking forward to using your equipment in the field Matt.

New site is alot better now. Just needs more pictures i find. More on use pictures.

I have the berry pouches on mine and I love them only makes you about 1" wider per side but you can stow alot of little things in there.

I am currently looking at getting the tak vest hydrant pouch just wondering on the new rucks if it will get in the way at all ?

trencher said:
New site is alot better now. Just needs more pictures i find. More on use pictures.

I have the berry pouches on mine and I love them only makes you about 1" wider per side but you can stow alot of little things in there.

I am currently looking at getting the tak vest hydrant pouch just wondering on the new rucks if it will get in the way at all ?

I would suggest not wearing a camel back while wearing a rucksac, I have and busted a bladder with it. Instead I store the bladder in the top pouch of the ruck (I still got the old 82 pattern ruck  ;D)

trencher said:

NFLD Sapper said:
I would suggest not wearing a camel back while wearing a rucksac, I have and busted a bladder with it. Instead I store the bladder in the top pouch of the ruck (I still got the old 82 pattern ruck  ;D)

I'd tend to go with NFLD Sapper, as a hydration bladder under a pack isn't very comfortable; it tends to cause the pack to roll from side to side, and not generally be very stable or comfortable.  With the Tac-Vest Hydration harness, the bladder pocket is designed so that the bladder can be easily and quickly removed if you're going to be wearing a pack.  The pocket is also a pleated type design so that it folds flat against the back when it doesn't have a bladder in it, resulting in a more comfortable setup if you're rucking.

On the new www.cpgear.com website there's a section devoted specifically for CF Tac-Vest accessory products:  http://www.cpgear.com/StoreBox/tacvestaccessories.htm

Cheers,

Matt

Got my order from cpgear the other week and finally got time to put some of the addons on it, I'm just waiting for my latest order so Ill be able to attach all the pouches, not gonna get into details about why I have to wait to attach the pouches. So far though I have the hydration harness the my wimps and the add apter panels attached to the vest and it looks and feels great even with a ruck on. Ill try and post some pictures of it once I have everything attached. The way I'm modding the issued vest may give everyone an idea of the vest's potential. Yes I know the issued vest is a piece of crap but that's why there are companies out there like cpgear that make attachments for it so we can make it better, anyways. I think the layout that I'm modding the vest might be more specific to the infantry so hopefully it gives everyone an idea.

Thanks Cpgear the service and the products, was and are amazing.

Have a few new Tac-Vest and CF Ballistic Vest accessories:

MPAK Kangaroo  http://www.cpgear.com/StoreBox/tacvestaccessories/4074.htm
-somewhat of a hybrid between the MPAK Commander and MPAK Small.  Bigger internal pocket for stowing documents, maps, tools, etc. than the Small MPAK, but without the full clamshell zip and map window that the MPAK Commander has.

MPAK Armour Adaptor Strap  http://www.cpgear.com/StoreBox/tacvestaccessories/8041.htm
-lets you take any of the MPAKs and attach them directly to the CF Ballistic Vest for situations where the tac-vest isn't practical (i.e. inside a turret), but want a minimalist load-carriage platform for maps, aide-memoires, markers/pens, etc.

small_mspak_-1.jpg

Um...don't take this the wrong way.  This thing makes no sense what so ever.  Maybe without the tac vest and just armour it might be OK.  It just seems wrong to cover mag pouches, cover the zipper and I think it would be way to thick when driving or in a vehicle at all.

AB

JimmyPeOn said:
small_mspak_-1.jpg

Um...don't take this the wrong way.  This thing makes no sense what so ever.  Maybe without the tac vest and just armour it might be OK.  It just seems wrong to cover mag pouches, cover the zipper and I think it would be way to thick when driving or in a vehicle at all.

AB

Trying to work on most things with the tac-vest amount to band-aid solutions, however as long as pers are forced to use the tac-vest as a platform, there are certain things you can do to increase its capacity as a non-permanent mod.

The MPAK does stick out a bit further than the vest itself, and yes, it does cover the 2 inner most mag pouches, however if you've got 3 x double mag pouches mounted to the front of it, what's better?  6 easy to access mags for your immediate action loadout, or 4 awkward to access mags?  You can still get at the 2 mags that the MPAK is sitting on top of, but it is admittedly a bit more difficult.
Regarding blocking the zipper, getting in an out of the tac-vest with an MPAK attached is actually quite easy; undo the side release buckles on one side, and the MPAK swings open like a door, allowing access to the zipper.
Whether it is suitable for your needs or not is best determined for you; i.e. It may be too thick/protrude too much if you need to be able to drive while wearing your tac-vest.  As I said before, it's definitely not a perfect solution, but for those who are required to wear the vest and want somewhere they can stow extra mags up front, or extra C9 drums (seeing as how the mag pouches are not that useful for a C9 gunner), M203 rounds (we don't have modular M203 pouches yet, but we'll be adding them soon), etc. it can be a workable mod to make the issued vest a bit more functional.

Ok,

I like the idea of what you are trying to do here but I can notice a few small things that bother me.
I see where you're going with it.  The thing that gets me is how it takes as much away as it gives back.

It covers 2 mags so if you put 6 on the panel, its really only 4.
It covers the 2 front utility pouches, and without those, there is no room for F/A, finger sandwiches or playdough.
In order to make up for that you will need at least a first aid pouch (a good size one) up front with it. your 4 extra mags  turns into 2 extra and so on.
As for the 40mm,  the bandoleer is movable to get to the mags/first aid/cheeseburger etc.  B

Now this is total speculation, because I've never seen one in person, let alone used anything like it. 
However if the closure system is anything like the OLD green tac vest with the plate in it, there is no joy to be had if there is any weight on it. 

Although I'm not a round individual, I don't think I have that much real estate over the vest.

BUT!!!!
Just as a little pouch adapter for armor I think it would be alright.  A little set up like this would have worked in the turret, with a first aid pouch and some other small requirements. maybe even widen it up and put a back strap around it for stability.

I took a look around your site and I think you do have some good ideas for this vest.  The the pouch adapter for the side and the mag wedges underneath seem viable and allow a bit of versatility.  Something like that would work better for me.

Have you looked at some sort of clip on attachment to the front 2 mag pouches?  The ones without the frag bags.  There just be a way to clip on a larger mag pouch to the outside, maybe get a couple more mags in that way.

As for the C9 gunners, it might work ok. It does suck that once they have all the ammo on them there is no space for water.

If anyone has used this and thinks I'm all @#$%ed up let me know.  I've been riding a desk for a while now and I'd be more apt to buy something that mounts a coffee cup in place of a mag.  If you have something like that let me know.  If it keeps it warm, I'll take 2.

Andrew

Figured I would add my 2 cents here,

I have a HSGI 2 qt pouch on my left hand side with a TT Mag Shingle with a TT Grenade pouch attached to the front. These are secured to the Tac Vest by CP Gear Modular Tac Vest Adaptors. The shingle is within ready reach and good for a quick reload. The HSGI 2 qt is good, however the material is a bit floppy, and I find myself inserting my canteen cup to give it some shape and rigidity. As well, it has two buckles, I normally leave the rear most buckle undone as it is a pain in the arse to undo and redo both when you want access to the pouch.

On my right side I have a CP Gear Utility Pouch. It's great for holding a Nalgeen, the internal mesh pocket is also handy for organizing smaller items. I also use a CP Gear dump pouch, I've used it for three consequtive courses and found it to be absolutley bomb proof. Great for mags as well as gloves, toques, or anything you have to quickly stash and don't have time to put in its proper place.

This is a 80% solution for me, for the other 20% (admin, mags, frag) I use a drop leg. Though, since it isn't TV related I won't bother expanding.

Hope this give some insight into making the TV more soldier friendly.

Still a work in progress but so far its a huge improvement over the standard/stock tac vest.  This is only used when I can't use my 2 piece TT MAV.

1x CP Gear 2/3 mag pouch
1x CP Gear on left side
1x CP Gear MOLLE adopter
1x CP Gear IFAK
1x ATS dump pouch

Back