• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pers Tempo, military life expectations, and the DART deployment

• Thread starter my love my life
  • Start date
bossi said:
As an aside, I'm noticing a "new" enthusiasm to deploy amongst some people ...
(i.e. now that it's tax-free, "suddenly" some people who never volunteered before are rushing to the bank ... this includes people who've never deployed in their career, and even those who'd previously said "they'd never deploy again" ...)

People who (I have first person contact with this) turn down a tour to Bosnia, because they won't make enough money and that tours don't help your career as much as staying back, now jumping at the chance to go on thier first tour, to Afghanistan, no less....go figure.

People who (I have first person contact with this) turn down a tour to Bosnia, because they won't make enough money and that tours don't help your career as much as staying back, now jumping at the chance to go on thier first tour, to Afghanistan, no less....go figure.

I'm not really sure that I am all that comfortable about deploying with people whose primary consideration is monetary.  When people start chucking ordnance in your general direction, no amount of money is worth it.  It is nice to have some other motivating factor to keep you going in times like that.

SeaKingTacco said:
I'm not really sure that I am all that comfortable about deploying with people whose primary consideration is monetary.  .

Welcome to the CF  :salute:
I dont think altruistic reasoning is behind 90% of those deployed - especially whne you listen to comments made by other when we are overseas...

Kev,
you mean like those people the ombudsmans spoke to in Kabul when he was there recently?

Back