• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PERs : All issues questions...2003-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
George Wallace said:
Sorry.  That won't work.  My spouse wouldn't be able to get as good a job in my hometown.  Next?

Doesn't matter. The Liberals would amend the legislation to ensure that the guaranteed job comes with a guaranteed flat-rate annual income for all spouses. And, when your kid reaches 16 years of age ... he starts getting paid too!!

twizted said:
CDN Aviator

You will always find people to go places where the money is good ! and yes employ people from the area they are recruited in.

ArmyVern

I don't see how I'am screwing you by moving on IR to where they told me to go.

It's NOT about YOU. Your suggestions so far have been shown to be right the fuck out of 'er. It's not about your IR.

It's about your suggestion that the CF should worry about YOUR family (ie your wife's income) instead of looking after my family.

Bullshit. The CF looks after YOU -- YOU look after your wife; that's NOT the CFs job, and that, I'm afraid IS the big picture that you fail to see. And if you need to get out because she'll lose her salary if you get posted -- then you do that or you go IR --- but don't think that refusing to move doesn't SHAFT someone else.

That's your choice -- IR or Out. But accomodating and letting someone stay in and stay put when they've said "no" to a posting or an IR option -- is total and complete bullshit that affects other families or the single guys/gals... and that will NEVER be fair.

twizted said:
CDN Aviator

You will always find people to go places where the money is good ! and yes employ people from the area they are recruited in.

I'm not so optimistic. I've been at this for 15 years and i've seen people refuse some pretty sweet deals.

You are still not adressing some of my points. Everything you have said so far is a contradiction. You want to be fair for one type of member by being unfair to another.

twizted said:
........ and yes employ people from the area they are recruited in.

How many people in the CF were "Recruited" from an area within close proximity (less than an hour away from) of a Canadian Forces Installation?

twizted said:
and yes employ people from the area they are recruited in.

So now only east coasters will be allowed in the Atlantic fleet ? 8 wing in Trenton will only have pilots from Ontario ?

Wow, i'm glad you are not in HR

I am glad I didn't go to a Regiment in Ontario, I love the west and prefer to be away from home! It's nice to cut the umbilical cord, some people need to do exactly that!

I'm not saying go to that extreme, if you are from Ontario and want to stay in Ontario for whatever reasons, if they have a base that can accomodate you, why do not try to make it happen.

Some people want to stay out west if it's possible let them stay there.

That's what I'm saying.

twizted said:
I'm not saying go to that extreme, if you are from Ontario and want to stay in Ontario for whatever reasons, if they have a base that can accomodate you, why do not try to make it happen.

Some people want to stay out west if it's possible let them stay there.

That's what I'm saying.

They already DO that as much as possible.  ::)

When it's NOT possible someone gets posted. When that person refuses to proceed on that posting -- someone else gets shafted to go. Why the hell should the refuser then be allowed to remain in when he's just screwed someone else?

twizted said:
CDN Aviator

You will always find people to go places where the money is good !

Twisted now you are talking about a mercenary army, who fight only for money, not layalty, not the good of thier nation, or the safety of thier neighbors, only for the good ol' looney

Im not sure how the Forces makes their decision on where to post their soldiers, but as far as I've been told is that they always try to give a posting reasonably close to home if possible. Sometimes it's not always possible and the wishes just can't be accomodated. This is still a far cry from when my father was in and when you got posted you either moved or quit.

The military is constantly changing, who knows where things will be in 10 years? Or even in 5 years? With the constant changes going on even in the past 10 years since I've been in the reserves and from what I'm seeing now there seems to be a SHITLOAD more accomodation in regards to choices that you have.

There are alot of valid points here, if you want to join the Navy and live in Manitoba chances are you won't be near home for your career.

I was contemplating going Air Force so I could have a stab at getting posted to Greenwood ( I live an hour away near Annapolis Royal), but I'm joining the army so I can see the world and taste what's out there. Even my wife is looking forward to it. The cash will be much MUCH better than what I'm earning now and my wife has some solid government credentials to hopefully get her employed. Either way, she'll be off work for a bit raising our children (pregnant with our #2).

I'm just hoping I get posted to Gagetown hehe, close enough to home for a weekend visit (like 4 hour drive and ferry or less).

Why doesn't this guy get it... the CF already accommodates spouses etc who do not want to leave their jobs. 

It's called IR. 

^ +1 (and to eveyone else who thankfully Gets It)

Been IR since 2004 ya, it sucks BUT, it was MY/OUR choice.

SIU

That was brutal.  Four mods against him, and he still insisted on trying to make his point...

Based on the lack of support Twisted received in his argument from other members, its pretty much obvious that most member here agree with ArmyVern's statement.  The CF looks after you, you look after your wife.  Her job is not the CF's problem.

Greymatters said:
That was brutal.  Four mods against him, and he still insisted on trying to make his point...

They we not acting as mods in their posts. If they were they would have "The Army.ca Staff" under their responses.

They were responding as members of the site and nothing more.        ;)

The Army.ca Staff

Everyone has the right to different opinion, it was a fair discussion. I will see what people have to say about it.

twizted said:
recruit by geographical region, we have recruitment center all over Canada.  Posting where people don't want to go offer better allowances !.  That won't solved everything but it will be a beginning.

So Newfoundlanders would be able to be...
SAR Tech's
Supply Techs
Clerks

So How would Us Newfoundlanders become lets say...Infantry....or Armoured...Or Artillery...
Thats the dumbest idea Ever.

But if you can get a tank sqn in Carbonear Newfoundland,I'm game to be posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back