• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PERs : All issues questions...2003-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat in Halifax

Sr. Member
Donor
Reaction score
0
Points
260
Or you can get promoted to CPO1 (CWO) and have some 25 year old Lt(N) (Capt) do your own!
As for the problem, I do remember that and the CFPAS form filler defaults to 'not insert'.
 

NCRCrow

Sr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
210
I always back up the PER/PDR text in a word document. (on a Protected B Stick)

I have learned my lessons in the past from corrupted files that wouldn't open.
 

murrdawg

Member
Reaction score
0
Points
210
Hi all,

Just wondered if there is a process (besides compassionate posting) for a way a member can be delayed their posting by a bit. I'm on a course right now, but due to my fiancee's medical condition and in the process of being treated, we were wondering if there was any form to fill out, or request made that instead of being posted right after course, it could be up to a year still staying in our current location. If anyone can help out, that would be superb!
 

dangerboy

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
708
Points
1,160
Write a memo explaining all your reasons and address it to your chain of command. A posting can be moved 30 days either way, if you want more than that they have to cancel your posting message and then cut a new one.  Chances are unless you have real good reasons you will not have much luck but it does not hurt to try. 
 

murrdawg

Member
Reaction score
0
Points
210
What's the likelihood of it happening due to medical reasons? As well as family support network?
 

Lex Parsimoniae

Full Member
Reaction score
0
Points
160
murrdawg said:
Hi all,

Just wondered if there is a process (besides compassionate posting) for a way a member can be delayed their posting by a bit. I'm on a course right now, but due to my fiancee's medical condition and in the process of being treated, we were wondering if there was any form to fill out, or request made that instead of being posted right after course, it could be up to a year still staying in our current location. If anyone can help out, that would be superb!
You can't "delay" a posting by a year.  Your only choice is to have the posting cancelled.  Talk to your CoC.  Meanwhile, you might want to review DAOD 5003-6, Contingency Cost Moves for Personal Reasons, Compassionate Status and Compassionate Posting
 

Drag

Member
Donor
Reaction score
0
Points
210
Being CELE you can always ask to stay in Kingston, the school or JSR..
 

CountDC

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
28
Points
580
There are 2 ways that a posting can be delayed:

1.  change of Report for Duty (RFD) - arranged between the losing and gaining CO's.  The date can be moved a max of 30 days either way - early RFD or late RFD.

2. amend Change of Strength (COS) - done through chain of command to the Career Manager for any period over 30 days. Career Manager decides if they will do it or not.

As you are talking about a year neither one applies.

Your first step is to request a posting in the local area giving family health issues as a reason (she is family right?)  If the CM does not accept that then you can go for a compassionate posting which requires jumping through a few hoops.

If not done already, get your memo in.  What you want to happen takes time, affects more than you and the APS is starting.  Not moving you may mean the CM has to move someone else to fill the spot and may have to move someone else to have a spot for you there.

Good luck.
 

murrdawg

Member
Reaction score
0
Points
210
Well, I didn't want to use a compassionate posting, and I am only on course right now.... so we'll have to wait and see what happens.
 

MAT

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
10
Hello there, how did you Grievance go, I am currently trying to write one up and submit.  Mat
 

PMedMoe

Army.ca Legend
Donor
Reaction score
764
Points
940
MAT said:
Hello there, how did you Grievance go, I am currently trying to write one up and submit.  Mat

It all depends on the Grievance.  Get yourself an Assisting Officer.
 

MAT

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
10
Need Help, cannot get a straight answer.  Am currently on the Merit list to be promoted, however this recent PER was nothing to talk about, mediocre. If I do not get promoted before this Aug,  can this PER knock me down when the boards seats in Sep for next year?,Or, do I have until Dec of this year before being knocked down?
 

PMedMoe

Army.ca Legend
Donor
Reaction score
764
Points
940
MAT said:
Need Help, cannot get a straight answer.  Am currently on the Merit list to be promoted, however this recent PER was nothing to talk about, mediocre. If I do not get promoted before this Aug,  can this PER knock me down when the boards seats in Sep for next year?,Or, do I have until Dec of this year before being knocked down?

If you had an issue with it at the time, you should have discussed it with whoever wrote it before signing it.
 

MAT

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
10
It was sent to my new unit. Am considering taking action. Also am 2 away from being promoted this year, am wondering  when the boards sits in Sep will I be knocked down this year before Dec, Or does the new Merit list begin in 2012?
 

Lex Parsimoniae

Full Member
Reaction score
0
Points
160
MAT said:
It was sent to my new unit. Am considering taking action. Also am 2 away from being promoted this year, am wondering  when the boards sits in Sep will I be knocked down this year before Dec, Or does the new Merit list begin in 2012?
This year's promotion list is valid until 31 Dec 2011.
 

PPCLI Guy

Army.ca Fixture
Donor
Reaction score
1,191
Points
1,040
Your RW (that you referred to in another thread) may have some impact on the Boards in Dec.
 

MedCorps

Sr. Member
Reaction score
68
Points
330
PPCLI Guy said:
Your RW (that you referred to in another thread) may have some impact on the Boards in Dec.

What do you mean?  When I am sitting on a promotion board I just see IC's and RW's as someone having character.  ;D
 

Fishbone Jones

Army.ca Myth
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
961
Points
1,060
MedCorps said:
What do you mean?  When I am sitting on a promotion board I just see IC's and RW's as someone having character.  ;D

Ah yes, for the old days, when getting charged was a sign of character and almost a prerequisite for promotion.

Hell, I should be a Field Marshal by now  ::) ;D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top