• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PERs : All issues questions...2003-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can read bitterness in your post about moving 7 times in 19 years, if you had the choice would you have move so many times ?

About trying to go somewhere and get turn down by the career manager, how about that, last year two MCpl's one with 18 years in and the other with 15 years in the 18 years in wants to go to Gander he has relative there, the other is looking the stay put, guess what happen 18 years stayed put and the 15 years in went to Gander, the final product two releases but the 15 years joint back as a reservist.

If the CF (career manager) would pay a little more attention to his people, life would be a lot better.  I've been on IR for the past 1 1/2 years and I have about 75 to a 100 people on IR in the same building.  Let me tell you some people are about to go postal with that posting stuff, so like anything else it's not because it has been done like that for the past 50 years that we can not do it differently for the better of the CF.

Cheers !

So now we cant posted you if your wife has a job AND we cant post you if you have 15 years in or more.

I guess i'm safe on one count.

::)

Now that you have told us that the CM has to pay more attention. How would YOU handle postings so that everyone is happy and that all the "less than desireable" locations / jobs are filled ?

twizted said:
I can read bitterness in your post about moving 7 times in 19 years, if you had the choice would you have move so many times ?

About trying to go somewhere and get turn down by the career manager, how about that, last year two MCpl's one with 18 years in and the other with 15 years in the 18 years in wants to go to Gander he has relative there, the other is looking the stay put, guess what happen 18 years stayed put and the 15 years in went to Gander, the final product two releases but the 15 years joint back as a reservist.

If the CF (career manager) would pay a little more attention to his people, life would be a lot better.  I've been on IR for the past 1 1/2 years and I have about 75 to a 100 people on IR in the same building.  Let me tell you some people are about to go postal with that posting stuff, so like anything else it's not because it has been done like that for the past 50 years that we can not do it differently for the better of the CF.

Cheers !

You are an ass.

So, if I had the choice? I was asked (because some ASS refused), so I said yes. It was either that OR get out.

No, you tell me ... is the better option than NOT doing my job that I signed to do UPON enrollment, to get out instead and thereby cut the household income in HALF, thus reducing the QOL of MY family so that YOURS doesn't have to ever change? Wasn't that your friggin' arguement in the first place?  ::)

BIG picture -- the CF is NOT about YOU. Attitudes like YOURS ... SCREW people like me. It really is that plain and simple.

As to your other situation -- neither one of them would have had to get out had others cycled OUT of Gander and let someone else have the chance.

Ok.  I do know someone who retired to Wainwright.......

twizted

100 people on IR in your building alone?  That seems odd.  Why did you post earlier that the CF didn't accommodate people when now you claim that you and a 100 others in your building are being so accommodated?  Seems you want your cake and eat it too, although I am more likely to call you on those numbers.  

As for you example of Gander.  I have seen it before in the past.  Whoopee.  Why didn't your 18 year guy take his Release and go to Gander and become a Reservist there; like the guy who refused to go and took a Release?   He wouldn't have lost anything.

I can be post ! I have been posted 4 times in 8 years so far,  That not the point I'm just saying if you have given 18 years or more in and do not want to be posted again I do believe you deserve to stay where you are.

twizted said:
 That not the point I'm just saying if you have given 18 years or more in and do not want to be posted again I do believe you deserve to stay where you are.

I asked you a question, would be nice if you answered it.

Or are you just one of those guys who sees a problem and doesnt offer a solution ?

"100 people on IR in your building alone?  That seems odd.  Why did you post earlier that the CF didn't accommodate people when now you claim that you and a 100 others in your building are being so accommodated?  Seems you want your cake and eat it too, although I am more likely to call you on those numbers."

In Ottawa that's not unusual,  I don't talk only for myself, the day I would not be happy with my situation I will find something else to do.

As for the reservist position, no position for his trade.

twizted said:
I can be post ! I have been posted 4 times in 8 years so far,  That not the point I'm just saying if you have given 18 years or more in and do not want to be posted again I do believe you deserve to stay where you are.

Well, that refers to approx 1/2 the CF these days. Look outside the box -- see the BIG picture.   ::)

As for IR --

I was posted during an op deployment in 03 (an 8.5 month long deployment at that--extended by 2.5 months at the last minute). Returned in fall 03 to a brand new home in a brand new province. Posted away IR in spring 06 to yet another Province. Posted again in fall 07 out of that Province. Do not talk to me about what I deserve or what my family deserves.

What my family deserves is for my career managers to start saying "GET OUT" (and they have!! YAY!!!) to asshats and "me me me" people who cause MY family to end up in situations like this in the first place!!

I deserve it -- I have 20 years in on the 12th.  ::)

recruit by geographical region, we have recruitment center all over Canada.  Posting where people don't want to go offer better allowances !.  That won't solved everything but it will be a beginning.

twizted said:
recruit by geographical region, we have recruitment center all over Canada.  Posting where people don't want to go offer better allowances !.  That won't solved everything but it will be a beginning.

Excuse me!  Are you for real?  Recruit by geographical region.  Well it is sort of done already.  Many Quebecer's, not all, who join the Infantry will stay in Quebec.  Can you tell me how many would be recruited and posted to Labradour or PEI?  How about those guys in Saskatchewan who want to join the Navy?  Will the Canadian Government now build a mega Seaport and Naval Base in Saskatchewan to accommodate them? 

I have to go now.  A drink or two and a movie makes more sense.

Armyvern I don't  tell you what you deserve or not, I'm talking for the big picture and other people not just me, if you are happy with your situation, you are GTG.

twizted said:

My postings were actual honest to goodness postings (ie pack up my family and make them move). I'm not talking my first enrollment posting or courses. And, I'm not talking my IR posting either as my family (obviously) did not move with me.

AFTER I completed my trg ... postings -- every second year from year 3 until year 18.

By joining the military you have an obligation to go where you are needed, if you are not prepared to go there, then you are wasting everyones time. You could take a lesson from Vern by sucking it up.

twizted said:
recruit by geographical region, we have recruitment center all over Canada.

What good would that do ?

Or do you mean we should employ people in the are that they are recruited in ?

Posting where people don't want to go offer better allowances !.  

No amount of money will get me to go to the following bases : Dundurn, Greenwood, Wainwright, Meaford and Yellowknife.

Now what are you going to do when no one wants to go regardless of money ?

twizted said:
Armyvern I don't  tell what you deserve or not, I'm talking for the big picture, if you are happy with your situation, you are GTG.

You're not talking BIG picture. Your framing job on your little self-portrait is screwing people like me.

I think I have to agree with GW, even if  on the Bell Curve, I may place in the 50% range.... (teasing you, that's all).

People don't realise the whole nature of this job.  I'm glad I' m not a CM.  Can you imagine how many different cases he as to deal with on a regular basis.

It's hard enough to manage one member's carrier, you can't ask them to manage your spouse or husband too.  I must say they seem to be better than 10 years ago and it probably is way different then 30 years ago.

There is one solution that can fix this problem, in part anyway.  GO NAVY... hard sea trade.  Only two coasts, cost an harm and a leg to move you around.  You are never home, but your wife is!

that's my 2cent,

navy-nesop

I have the perfect solution!!!

All career managers should post each and every one of us to our hometowns and our hometowns only. Each spouse should be guaranteed a job by government enacted legislation which guarantees them 20 years worth of income just so they don't get shafted.

Also, each CF member should receive PLD benefits too of course ... just because.

That way -- all the "me me me" people will be happy, fuck the defence of the Nation because that's obviously not what it's all about anyway.  ::)

ArmyVern said:
I have the perfect solution!!!

All career managers should post each and every one of us to our hometowns and our hometowns only. Each spouse should be guaranteed a job by government enacted legislation which guarantees them 20 years worth of income just so they don't get shafted.

Sorry.  That won't work.  My spouse wouldn't be able to get as good a job in my hometown.  Next?

CDN Aviator

You will always find people to go places where the money is good ! and yes employ people from the area they are recruited in.

ArmyVern

I don't see how I'am screwing you by moving on IR to where they told me to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back