• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pension transfer to RCMP indirectly

Messerschmitt

Inactive
Reaction score
Couldn't think of a better title but, I know CF pension transfers to RCMP. Now, what if I would take an intermediate job (private), then go to RCMP later. As long as I don't cashout my pension, can I bring it later (if) I join the RCMP later on?

Also as far as I understand if the entire 25 year is not completed, then pension is not given until turning 60 correct? Let's say pension would be 30% (15 years in the CF instead of the full term of 25 where you receive pension as soon as you retire). When would one be eligible to receive pension if one transferred it to RCMP?

Messerschmitt said:
When would one be eligible to receive pension if one transferred it to RCMP?

For reference, perhaps,

Pension transfer to RCMP indirectly

will be merged with,

Trasfering CAF pension to RCMP pension
http://army.ca/forums/threads/115422.0;nowap

"Transferring Pension Credits to the Public Service Superannuation Act (PSSA), Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), or Other Pension Plans

A member who is leaving the Canadian Forces and is becoming part of the PSSA, RCMP or other pension plan (i.e. Air Canada Pension Plan, Local Authorities Pension Plan (LAPP), NAV Canada Pension Plan, Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS), Ontario Pension Board (OPB), Special Forces Pension Plan (SFPP)), has the opportunity to transfer his/her past service credits from the Regular or Reserve Force to these pension plans.

A member who would like to transfer Canadian Forces pension credits to another pension plan must complete the required form. The form to complete depends on which pension plan the pension credits are being transferred to:

PSSA – a member transferring his/her credits to the PSSA pension plan must complete the CFSA/RCMPSA Report of Pensionable Service (2073 form).
RCMP – a member transferring his/her credits to the RCMP pension plan must complete the Prior Service Information Request (1889) form. A member transferring his/her credits to the RCMP should consult with his/her compensation department to obtain the appropriate forms and required documentation.
Air Canada, LAPP, NAV Canada, OMERS, OPB, SFPP, and other pension plans – a member transferring his/her credits to any of these pension plans should consult with his/her compensation department to obtain the appropriate forms and required documentation."
http://army.ca/forums/threads/111386/post-1243335#msg1243335

"Has anyone gone RCMP and transferred there military pension over. If so, can anyone explane the process."
http://army.ca/forums/threads/30934/post-832851#msg832851

"When you are about a month from graduation of Depot, you fill in all sorts of forms (insurance, dental etc).  One of these is a statement of past federal service.  This form is self explainatory.  I had 3 months of militia time, which I had paid back, and 15 and a half yrs of Reg F.  I filled in all of this service and once the transfer of funds was complete, received a cheque for my militia time.  The explanation was only full time service counted.  BTW, you can also transfer ypour RCMP pension back to the CFSA.....done that too."

"Further to what Bick stated, make sure that you complete this paperwork in Depot and make a copy of it. You will then be buying back at your initial entry level Cst. rate of pay. If you wait till later or they lose the paperwork (Our pension is outsourced and managed by Morneau Sobeco they are impossible to deal with) you WILL pay it back at the rate you are being paid at that time. I should preface that this mostly applies to folks with a lot of PRes time."

etc...

As always,  Canadian Armed Forces pensions is your most trusted source of information.

Contact,
http://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/fac-caf/cntctns-cntctus-eng.html#details-panel1

Back