• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pension Indexing for NCMs?

Reaction score
Our Sgt recently informed the troops that only officer's pensions get indexed, not NCMs.  I've gone through the pension info on the official website and I can't find anything that supports this delineation between officer and ncm pension indexing. 

https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/fac-caf/rtr/rnsrgm/idx-eng.html#benefits

Does anybody have any experience that either supports or rejects this?

If that were true, the complaints would be legion.

"Indexing is inflation protection which is applicable to all Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) pensions ..."

https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/fac-caf/rtr/rnsrgm/idx-eng.html#benefits

You Sgt is full of shit, and spreading misinformation.

Read the CFSA and its related regulations.

Right up there with only officers own shares in Canex.  ::)

Huh, that sounds like the stoker's having a swimming pool down on 7 deck on the ships!

ModlrMike said:
Right up there with only officers own shares in Canex.  ::)

Not all officers, just General/Flag Officers...but they’ll deny that... :nod:

Heard these sort of things all throughout my career.

Another one was that Officer pensions were based off more % per year than NCMs.

I think a lot of people (sadly, many of them NCOs) hear something erroneous from a peer or higher rank, and take it as gospel with no research done on their part to verify policy or facts. And of course, the cycle continues when they spread this misinformation to their subordinates...

reveng said:
Another one was that Officer pensions were based off more % per year than NCMs.

Isn't that to allow them to more easily pay off the commissions they purchased at the beginning of their service?

Haggis said:
Isn't that to allow them to more easily pay off the commissions they purchased at the beginning of their service?

I thought they had to pay the pension of their Batman as well...?

Navy_Pete said:
Huh, that sounds like the stoker's having a swimming pool down on 7 deck on the ships!

They do, its just a mixture of oil and bilge water

Back