• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

passing of Dearman, Paul Michael

manhole

Inactive
Reaction score
Paul died on Dec. 4th.  He is survived by his wife, Valerie, and his children  Marsha (her husband Gregory), David & Denise and grandchildren.  He served his country for 29 years as a member of the RCHA.  Paul retired to the Oromocto area.  Service will be held on Tues. Dec. 12th at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church at 1:00 pm.  Stand easy, Paul.

Thank you for the notification.  I will send my condolances to Marsha over the holidays.

Paul and I served together in the AMF(L) Battery. He was a good soldier and a real character.

GSSE

Very sad to hear. He will be playing golf on the best course in town now.

I served with Mr Dearman when I was a TC and he a TSM of another troop. He was always a well respected man that gave good council to his officers and developed his soldiers like a father.

Stand easy Paul. :salute: :cdn:

Paul was one of my first experiences in the Military when he was an instructor in Corwalis in 1981, I think he made me cry!! He was later our BQ in CBty with the First Herd. His unique style and love for his job will be sadly missed. I send my sincere condolences to his family and to the Gunners that served with him.

Stand Easy Paul, you will not be forgotten.

G Binnie-Sgt Ret.
Calgary

If I recall, he was either the Tech WO or H Troop TSM with W Bty when I did my 2 I/C's course there...

Scary when I first met him, but I used to love ribbing him, once I got comfortable. A good man, indeed...

Stand Easy...

TheBin said:
Paul was one of my first experiences in the Military when he was an instructor in Corwalis in 1981, I think he made me cry!! He was later our BQ in CBty with the First Herd. His unique style and love for his job will be sadly missed. I send my sincere condolences to his family and to the Gunners that served with him.

Stand Easy Paul, you will not be forgotten.

G Binnie-Sgt Ret.
Calgary

Paul was my Uncle and I went thru Cornwallis in Oct 81 and every major inspection was a nightmare as they all had a story about Paul and in the meantime my space was being inspected

I remember the one where he found three pennies in a locker and from then on they had to be shone and right dressed on the bed for inspection

Another was he seen someone with a rock in his hand and for the rest of the course he had to carry this rock around

As I posted above, we had served together in the AMF(L) Battery. He was a signaller in G11 FOO party while I was G19. At that time the system would not allow him to drive military vehicles as he had terrible depth perception. This meant that he was destined to be a career bombardier as the trade specifications of the time required that soldiers had all three primary combat functions - driver, communicator and artillery technician - before attempting the CLC and 6A courses. My next posting was as CIG, just in time for the major expansion of the RCA that took place beginning in 1974. The regiment was faced with a tremendous training load and there was much debate about how to cope without degrading standards. It was with Paul in mind that I proposed that two, not three, PCFs, should be required for advancement.

Paul was the TSM I met in Transport Troop in 1984.  Paul did not need a PA system or loud-haler because he could yell loud enough from his chair to be heard throughout the K-lines and probably the entire Gagetown training area.  He gave everyone a nickname or label during their first encounter, his nickname for me was "Mr. Mukluk".

He had a fatherly disposition when it came to counselling soldiers and more stories about Germany than beers in Munich during Oktoberfest.  When I was posted to Lahr in 1986 I began to live those stories for real and he was pretty accurate in most cases and especially about the "Nuremberg Wall".

Paul set a very high standard in my mind of what a Sr NCO should/could be and rarely have I run across men that exceed that standard.  He taught me more about management in a few months than my 4 years at university.

I can say, with a tear in my eye and a smile on my face, that Paul was not big on dress standards, and his profanity was abundant but always humorous.  He was larger than life and had a major impact on everyone that crossed his path.  He was fond of Washbay showers on your birthday and was probably the biggest fan of the annual Miss "W Battery" pageant. 

To the Dearman extended family and his Gunner family my sincere condolences.

Rounds complete.  Rest...in Peace, Paul.  (Modified for accuracy and content.)

Though I didn't know Paul Dearman, I know his daughter a dental tech when we served at 42 Hlth Svc in Gagetown and I served with her husband Greg,when we were both young no-hookers in the early 80's with 1RCR in London. My condolences to Marsha, Greg and the rest of the family.

RIP Mr. Dearman  :salute:  :cdn:  :salute:

-gerry

Paul was actually in Germany visiting with Marsha when he passed away

MWO Paul Dearman was my TSM in C troop H Bty 3 RCHA.  A great TSM that mentored me from Gnr to MBdr.  It was a huge shock when I heard he passed away.  As mentioned, he was big and loud.  I remember he had great Christmas parties at his house and his wife made such a huge spread for everyone to enjoy.  Some of my best memories to date have been my time with him as my TSM in C troop.

He will be truly missed.

WO Joe Shortt.

Back