• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Passing of Capt Geoffry Winnington-Ball CD (ret)

Franko

Staff member
Directing Staff
Inactive
Reaction score
Capt Geoffry Winnington-Ball CD (ret) passed away on 5 Dec at 1700 hrs EST after a battle with pneumonia and kidney failure. Geoff left this world surrounded by his family and in a peaceful sleep. As per Geoff's wishes he will be cremated. The family will hold a memorial service this coming weekend, details to follow. Contact Information will be added to this post to allow people to find out where to send cards and condolences.

Geoff was a founding member of Tank Net and his own site, MLU. His legacy was to foster camaraderie and esprit de corps amongst soldiers both serving and retired and their supporters around the world. Geoff loved his internet family and they it would appear loved him. There are Universal carriers around the world morning the passage of this warrior, who he would tell you was born a generation too late.

Cards of condolence can be sent to

Shawn Winnington-Ball
177 Park Street Apt. A
Waterloo Ontario
N2L 1Y7 CANADA

RIP Capt Geoffry Winnington-Ball.  :salute:
Tank-net was a great site for finding old
Armoured Corp Brother's and Military
friend that I served with over the year's.
Including this website. You will not be
forgotten Sir and I thank-you for your
service and sacrifice.  :cdn:
Condolence's to Family,, Comrade's and
Friend's.
Scoty B

I have met Geoff and his wife, and he will be greatly missed.  The Military Vehicle forums, Maple Leaf Up (MLU) and TankNet, that he partook in and the Military Vehicle associations that he circulated have lost a great supporter. 

Zephyr ON has lost a fine citizen.

My condolances to Geoff's family and friends.

Back