• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

p-cat compulsory OT?

azadi

Inactive
Reaction score
hey i was wondering if i could get some help, i have tried researching on the Dwan and the forums but seem to have hit a block
a little bit of back story; i've been in the army for 7ish years now (combat arms, CPL) and got injured a while ago, i have a med appointment next week and probably looking at a p-cat, quite frankly this terrifies me. while i have been getting a lot better in the past year my current category sit at a T6-T6 for occupational and geographic, Everyone i have talked to seems to think I'm going to get released but I'm praying on a med OT (i believe it would fall under COT if at all possible).

so here are the questions
what would be the minimum requirements to qualify for a med OT?
would it indeed be a COT and not a VOT?
is it rare to be able to get one?
and most importantly how can i stack the odds in my favor?

i would greatly appreciate any advice or stories on how it worked out for anybody else

This might be a start;
DAOD 5023-1  Minimum Operational Standards Related to Universality of Service.

AFAIK, if you were to be considered for a Medical OT resulting from an AR (different from a Voluntary OT), you would need to meet the med standards for the applic MOSID/MOC.  You can find those in Canadian Armed Forces Medical Standards (CFP 154), Annex E.

For info on the Admin Review process, see DAOD 5019-2, Administrative Review

I would also get a copy of CFAO 11-12 on the DIN, it details NCM OT policy/details.

azadi said:

It would be a VOT in the sense that you can except the OT or release.  If you're not occupationally fit for your present MOSID, you'd have to go to the PSO for a new CFAT due to your time in, interview and a list of MOSID's will be laid out for you.  That would be indicated to you during the disclosure portion of the AR-Med when it occurs.

MM

But, IIRC a medical OT gives the mbr a vested right in pay, which doesn't come along with a VOT...

???

Eye In The Sky said:
But, IIRC a medical OT gives the mbr a vested right in pay, which doesn't come along with a VOT...

???

I do believe you are correct.

Eye In The Sky said:

???

Seem to remember that as well, so you're not smoking crack  :nod:.

MM

azadi said:
so here are the questions
what would be the minimum requirements to qualify for a med OT?
is it rare to be able to get one?
and most importantly how can i stack the odds in my favor?

Your final/assigned medical category would have to be below the minimum requirements for your current occupation but still fall within the minimum requirements of other CF occupations in order to qualify for a COT (Medical).  So for a Cbt Arms occupation, the minimum is going to be a G2 O2.  If your final med cat is G3 O3, then chances are you just might get a COT.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/about-policies-standards-benefits/ch-204-pay-policy-officers-ncms.page#sec-204-03

Back