• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Overseas ruck weight.

I agree, I find myself much more comfortable with the sternum strap on my civy backpack done up, sometimes if my load is not to heavy whilst hiking I'll forgo the waistbelt and just use the sternum strap to keep my pack from sliding on rough terrain

I'd like to see wheeler's or a company like that make an "aDD-on" kit that you can upgrade the 84 ruck with.  You know, sternum strap, nicely padded hip belt, better padding for the frame (on your back) and a better sleeping bag valise setup (more stable).  I am sure it could be sold as a "package kit" and would allow much needed improvements on the ruck while we await the arrival of the high speed, non sparking super duper CTS ruck system (much better than those darn off the shelf rucksacks that outdoor company sell to millions of people each year).

corrected typos.. must stop closing eyes and hoping for the best!!

Bzz

You didn't use spell check, or read what you typed, before hitting POST did you?   Should that have been "add-on" kit, and "a better sleeping bag valise setup"?    ;D

haha.. busy correcting quicky tests at the same time.. I will fix that!!

Ever hear of a "flypometer" on the Coyote instrument panel?  I didn't think so!!

;D

no.. that was a serious answer written on one of the instrument panel quickies this morn.

(sorry to hijack, back to business)

Courses and over seas are very different. As of now most everyone operates out of a camp unless your in a fob. And mainly on patrol you will have your battle rattle plus day bag. Id say ammo and extra crap about 50 lbs on patrol... Unless it's a long one and you're going for days and then require your ruck. On pathfinder our rucks were anywhere from 80-130lbs... Wet. And that's worst case senario. Over seas I stayed in a camp and was with recce 2vp. And only carried my day bag max weight 50 lbs cause of ammo and water. Other than that it's just depends in your mission or role over seas and also where you are. Day or night. Everything. It all depends

Also to add about the ruck comfort.... On ppf we would wrap socks or foam around the shoulders and upper back area and it helped big time in comfort. Sounds gay but worked. And also exchange your Ruck for a size small... It helped in betting it up higher on my back In patrolling and alleviated lower back pains

Back