• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"Over There" TV Series (Merged Topic)

I looked around and couldn't find it on Canadian TV (even with digital channels with Shaw).

For now, the only way to get it is to download it from the web...  Hopefully they get it on Fox or another channel soon.

Frank

The History channel is going to broadcast it during the start of September I think. I've seen commercials for it on that channel and I'm looking forward to it. They also said that it would be available on DVD shortly after it began showing on TV.

I'm just going to tell you, don't get too excited by this. I've heard some flak towards it from the men in uniform down south. But I don't want to spoil anything for you, so you can watch it for yourself and maybe notice something thats not right ;) .

I saw the first one, interesting, but remember hollywood... typical streotypically hollywood soliders

Although the tango that got popped by the 40mm in the torso and the lower half took a step more before failling got me to laugh... nice special effects on that one. 
GF wasn't humored...  I think she left a bruse....

Just watched it on the history channel. Great camera shots...really bad acting. I will watch the next episode...but it better get less hollywood.

Ryan

dearryan said:
Just watched it on the history channel. Great camera shots...really bad acting. I will watch the next episode...but it better get less hollywood.

Ryan

Ditto.

However; if I may quote Sgt. Scream.."We're not hear to take your oil; we're hear to kick your a**!"
(followed by 20 rnd burst)

I watched it on the History Channel earlier tonight, it wasn't as good as I had thought it would be. I have to agree with the last few posts - it was quite hollywood and the acting could use a little work. Interesting nonetheless, decently entertaining, but could be improved.

Well Over there wasn't too bad. I thought it was going to be a little better. I'll still watch the next couple as long as they get a bit better. And maybe if it went somewhere.

That guy "angel" wow what a voice! LOL

I don't see why they pulled off the road. Could have just stayed on the road . "DUH" Not like anyone was coming.

OH well its just a show right. They pissin chick was funny. To bad she didn't find a mine! Freaking annoying, I like that when she steps on the dead guys hand. WTF.

Take care.

I've seen all the episodes up to 6.  First one sucks and gets better from there.  Best one hasto be the episode with the Special Forces intel officer.

I saw that episode too, I have to say the line "I live for this shit" was a bit tacky though for a spec ops guy

i saw it last night. to tell you the truth i thought it was going to be a documentary on the soldiers over in Iraq. i didn't think it was that bad though. not as good as the upcoming show on the history channel Band of Brothers. i love that show.

I hang out on a number of other military-related sites. The Americans on those sites who have been (or are now) "Over There", to a man, have lambasted the show, it's producers, writers, actors, and the parents of same.

The show in itself doesn't have a smooth flow, lacks a sort of realism that was seen in Band of Brothers...something very made-in-your-own-back-yard about it.   Dialogue seems almost forced and not so well timed... No matter what...there's going to be people who love it, people who hate it, people who'll be severely against it, people who will try to profit from making a show about a war, while the war itself is still being fought.   Personally, I think theres should be a pre-warning to the parental guidance warning that reads something like "This show is for entertainment purposes only.   It is not based on the views or opinions of service members and reflects no facts or actual events that have taken place."  
I guess I'm just a fan of shows based on fact...like Band of Brothers.   I might be bias, but I don't think anything will surpass Band of Brothers (not yet anyways...unless Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg team up once again)

I can't say that I've seen either Over There or Band of Brothers, although the latter looks really good. Just wondering. Has anyone ever seen Tour of Duty? Not a bad show, IMO.

Everybody seems to be talking about tour of duty recently......Dylan_infantry..... american_infanteer....... frankie_futureinfanteer
lol

I've seen probably all Tour of Duty, way better than Over There.
T of D may not have had the budjet/Special effects as Over in Hollywood,
But story plots and character building were great for it's time.

Both still have absolutely no comparison to Band of Brothers.

I don't see why they pulled off the road. Could have just stayed on the road . "DUH" Not like anyone was coming.

Because they saw a kid drop something by the side of the road which they thought was an IED.

AIRING TUESDAYS AT 9PM/ ET/PT BEGINNING SEPTEMBER 6

Over There
Created by Steven Bochco, Over There follows an Army unit sent to Iraq on their first tour of duty, while exploring the effects of war on the soldiers' families at home. Boasting an ensemble cast, Over Therestars Nicki Lynn Aycox, Lombardo Boyar, Lizette Carion and Sticky Fingaz.

If you missed the first episode of Over There, you can catch it again on Friday at 10 pm ET/PT.

Back