• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

OT candidates course loading

meni0n

Reaction score
When an OT message states "Although CF will make every effort to have the candidate formally trained and qualified in the new MOSID as quickly as possible..." does that mean that you have priority to get course loaded or do you go back at the end of line along with newly graduated recruits?

I suspect it's a generic warning that, for any number of legitimate reasons, you may not immediately be placed on course in your new trade.

But do OT candidates actually get priority to get on course?

That is what I am inquiring about, does DMCA try to get candidate get course loaded as soon as possible, as stated in the message or do you go to the end of the line and possibly wait for a spot?

I don't understand how As Quickly As Possible means you'll get priority?

meni0n said:
That is what I am inquiring about, does DMCA try to get candidate get course loaded as soon as possible, as stated in the message or do you go to the end of the line and possibly wait for a spot?

Everyone gets course loaded as soon as possible. I think you are reading far too much into what amounts to a CYA statement.

Supersonic, when there are only 4 courses running a year and a backlog of people, then as quickly as possible does look like priority.

meni0n said:
Supersonic, when there are only 4 courses running a year and a backlog of people, then as quickly as possible does look like priority.

That doesnt make YOU the priority however.

CDN Aviator, I am just writing what is said in the message. It also states that training might be delayed beyond the control of DMCA 5 Occupation Transfers. Does that mean that DMCA 5 has a hand in you being loaded on a course?

NO, it means that DMCA 5 issued the OT as instructed by the Career Manager, but that DMCA 5 does not have visibility on all other intakes being coordinated by the Career Manager, or the training flow within the trade.

meni0n said:

If I remember reading correctly a while ago, you are OTing into 291? If so, because you have a current security clearance (IE higher than ERC), you will get onto the Phase 1 QL3 when your name comes up in the queue, but you'll be jumped onto the Ph2 portion as your clearance will be easier to upgrade. You're not necessarily a priority but your situation will help speed the process. I know of a few Cpls who waited as an EWAT for at least a year before being course loaded because they only had ERC from their former trade..

My message said I'm tentatively course loaded on my 3's...tomorrow...and that sure as hell ain't happening. So be prepared to wait a little bit. I'm gainfully employed with duties related to my old trade as a PAT, so it could certainly be worse.

meni0n said:
CDN Aviator, I am just writing what is said in the message.

I'm aware of what the message says, i have done this remuster thing before. I maintain that you are reading far too much into what is a CYA statement that proclaims that you ( like everyone else in the CF) will be loaded on course as soon as possible but that there can be no guarantees as to when that will be. There is no hidden meaning to this.

Does that mean that DMCA 5 has a hand in you being loaded on a course?

No further than providing your name to the apropriate career manager.

PuckChaser said:
If so, because you have a current security clearance (IE higher than ERC),

Be careful there, this is not neccesarily true. I dont know what the OP's current clearance level is but i was level 2 before i remustered and getting the level 3 i required for course took well over 2 years.

Back