• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

OT after CT

Ntg392

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello all,

Question WRT subject. I am a former reg force/ present  res force veh tech. 12 yrs,  last 9 reserve. I CT'd back to regs effective 28 April 16. QL4 regs, 5's reserve (2008). I have completed plq 1-5, many years of class b/c service, TF 1-10, and I have spent the last 14 months at 12e RBC. At this point it appears I may need to repeat OJT/QL5. If my previous service will not suffice to CT myself as trained, I intend to take the opportunity and OT. So my question is, is there a mandatory freeze on OT after CT?

Regards,

It'll be in your message, whether you have a restricted phase. If you did not like having to do your QL5 again, you should have declined the offer. If you've already accepted the offer, you're stuck (unless you don't sign the paperwork, not sure how that works) with the terms of that offer, and you will have to compete for annual VOT spots as a RegF member after you requalify in your trade.

Puckchaser,

Nothing in the message. Kind of one of those things where you're told "you should be good." It was almost 2 years for the CT to go through so I'd rather just get my foot back in the door and deal with the admin after.

Our system isn't great, but it's the only system we have.

I used to have my CT offer saved, but it had a line stating my exact QL level granted on PLAR.

Puck,

Yes got a copy of that. Unfortunately PLAR outdated. I requested a new one so we'll see what happens. I thought you were talking about the restricted phase when I replied. The OT is my plan b so I'm just trying to get my ducks in a row. 

Cheers,

CFA0 11-12 is the ref for Reg Force NCM VOT.  If your message doesn't say anything about restricted dates, etc you should be bound by the contents of the CFA0, like all other Reg Frce NCMs.

Having said that, it would be the upcoming FY you would be applying for, so this wouldn't be a quick fix.  I suspect the earliest you would be getting an offer is for APS 2017.  :2c:

Back