• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

OSIs suck

ex-Highlander

Inactive
Reaction score
"I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once." - Ashleigh Brilliant

I don't know if any of y'all feel like this sometimes, but I sure do today.

ex-Highlander said:
"I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once." - Ashleigh Brilliant

I don't know if any of y'all feel like this sometimes, but I sure do today.

I hear ya. Sometimes its not the days but the minutes. One minute of suck can turn an otherwise awesome day into a shitstorm.

Hard to explain at times.

Just remember, if you think it might help to talk with someone, help is out there.

To quote Red Green "I'm pullin' for ya. We're all in this together."

Thanks guys.  Today is looking better.  We'll see how it goes..  Up until now, I've had a really hard time with the idea of being around/talking to people who are still "in".  Ironic, given that my therapist, no matter how great she is, cannot fill the need to talk to someone who "gets" the military stuff, and I've been stalled in that area since I came back due to my avoidance of all things military since I came back in 2010.  Talking to anyone from VAC or SISIP also causes me tremendous amounts of stress, which doesn't exactly help my case, because I avoid talking to them/calling them back.  Ugh.  Finally contacted someone from OSISS yesterday.  I'm sure it's about time.  Thanks again...wish I'd revisited this board much sooner...haven't really spent any time on here the past number of years.  I spent a lot of yesterday reading on here.  Thanks again.

The most important thing to remember - You're not alone!

There are quite a few of us on this site who have an OSI, and we are willing to talk at any time.

The OSISS groups in the Ottawa area are welcoming, and are a great and 'safe' way to get out of the house - you'll be with people who know what you're going through, and will support you.

If you're having trouble with VAC, or SISIP, get somebody from the Legion to help - Our OSISS Peer Support Coords also have lots of good contacts.  Maybe have somebody who has been through that ordeal sit with you for support.

I'm typically around, if you ever want to send me a message, and I'll do whatever I can to help. I work with Director Casualty Support Management, and I'm being temporarily loaned to IPSC Ottawa to help out for a few months.

Remember, you are not alone!

ex-Highlander Congrats on contacting OSISS!!!  They saved my life 9 long years ago!

BTW, I hear that the OSISS rep in Toronto is a Neat guy too  :)

dileas

tess

Thanks...I really appreciate the offer and the support.  The OSISS fella in Ottawa got back to me right away, which was pretty nice of him considering I had the bad timing of contacting him in the middle of his leave.  ;) 

Highly recommend OSISS.

I know what you are talking about with VAC and the head space and timing checks. They just don't get it (nor will they). And losing that regimental connection can hurt more than you notice at first. Just translating simple language becomes a chore that you just don't want to do after awhile.

"Keep your stick on the ice."  :salute:

Back