• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ORCA YAG Replacements

Monsoon

Reaction score
Here's something to file in the "know-a-guy-who-knows-a-guy" department:

Someone at my company involved in the ORCA YAG replacement programme says while he was at Victoria Shipyards he was told that they were expecting to build a total of 12 ORCAs, rather than the 6 (plus two optional) that was announced.  Has anyone heard anything about the number of ships changing?  It's possible there's a crossed wire in the transmission line here, but there may also be something in the works that hasn't made it out into the open yet.

Hey may be there feeling the Xmas spirit sorry couldn't resist that one

hamiltongs said:
Here's something to file in the "know-a-guy-who-knows-a-guy" department:

Someone at my company involved in the ORCA YAG replacement programme says while he was at Victoria Shipyards he was told that they were expecting to build a total of 12 ORCAs, rather than the 6 (plus two optional) that was announced.  Has anyone heard anything about the number of ships changing?  It's possible there's a crossed wire in the transmission line here, but there may also be something in the works that hasn't made it out into the open yet.

I haven't heard anything specific WRT the Orcas in quite some time. With that in mind, working within the MOG 4 formation as a whole I would think someone would have mentioned something.

Notwithstanding, I can see them actually making 12 since they can't possibly meet the objective (MARS IV) they're slated to do without more hulls. Though let's not get started on that /different thread

Back