• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Opportunity to update the CC-150 fleet?

dimsum

Army.ca Fixture
Mentor
Reaction score
But I’ve learned to never underestimate the power of lobbying.
Boeing is one of a small handful of US aircraft manufacturers, and an even smaller number of US civilian aircraft manufacturers.

In the US, I'm pretty sure what Boeing wants, sooner or later Boeing gets.

CBH99

Army.ca Veteran
Donor
Reaction score
Boeing is one of a small handful of US aircraft manufacturers, and an even smaller number of US civilian aircraft manufacturers.

In the US, I'm pretty sure what Boeing wants, sooner or later Boeing gets.
I suspect you are right again.

Especially now with new management at the helm. That alone is a big boost of confidence from shareholders and government alike. Lobbying should be easier now than it was, say, 3 years ago. (I’m not sure their prior management could have done much worse.)

Some of their programs have been solid, punctual, progressive programs of record that have consistently delivered reliable products that are upgraded/updated regularly enough. On the military side - Apache, Super Hornet, C-17, Chinook, Poseidon, etc.

Yet others seem to be a dumpster fire, in which their solution seems to just be to add more gasoline 😬🤷🏼‍♂️

“ I know, I know… I know we are way over budget and behind schedule on building tankers for the USAF. You know what this partially designed aircraft, stuffed full of developmental technology really needs for us to succeed? Another imaginary system, designed from scratch. That’ll fix it.”