• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

OPME and the DIN

bLUE fOX

Reaction score
I think this might be more of an admin question than an RMC question, so here goes. I am interested in applying for an OPME course, but the OPME website says I need a computer with access to the defence information network. My question is how do I go about doing this? i am an officer at a a Sea Cadet corps, would there computers be DIN ready? is it possible to have one of my personal computers DIN ready? I have tried to access the DIN site through the OPME web page but I get a non-accessable internet error screen. if any one can give me information on how to go about solving this problem I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you :salute:

You might want to call the OPME co-ordinator and ask about this.  As far as I know, DIN access is not required to enroll in an OPME and I really don't see why you would need to, unless you were trying to register electronically.  Having DIN access will allow you to monitor the progess and history of your OPMEs, though.

The contact info is here: http://www.opme.forces.gc.ca/engraph/contact/contact_e.asp

We are trying to encourage everyone to register via the DIN, as we have 11,000 OPME students and limited staff to process paper registrations. That being said, however, there is always an exception.

If you go to http://www.opme.forces.gc.ca/engraph/home_e.asp (on the internet - not DIN) you can print off the registration form and fax it too  us (613-541-6706; CSN 271-6706) Keep in mind for OPME the prority is for Regular Force Officers as the courses are required for promotion. Once all Reg Force Officers have been registered (close of Registration session) we will begin processing the registrations of the "non-target" group (Res, ResO, CIC, NCM, Civ) on a first come, first serve basis.

If you have any firther questions, please fell free to call the OPME counsellor at 613-541-6000 ext 6940 (CSN271) or the 1-800 number as listed on the website.

Maggie O'Reilly
Database Administrator
Division of Continuing Studies/OPME
Royal Military College

thank you very much for the assistance. I guess I'll just have to break down and do it the old fashioned way. Ah well

Actually when I applied to "Leadership and Ethics" I faxed it 8 Feb 06 and I just got an email yesterday saying that they are no longer accepting applications by fax, only through the online application program on the DIN.

Now, I had to apply for a student number, being a Pte, and I have to wait for that by mail (snail mail I assume).  By the time I get that the Summer registrations will be closed.

This is the second time I have applied, and the second time I have been given a hard time.  I guess I will just keep knockin until someone opens the proverbial door, but until then it's a little frustrating.

Cheers! ::)

Give me a call today if you can -

CSN 271-6333 or 613-541-6000 ext 6333 and I will see if I can help you out :)

I will go the extra mile for an army.ca-er lol

muffin

Helpful AND courteous?! We're going to miss you Maggie, when the other DND-employed civies lynch you  ;)

Back