• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Opinion about TKMS MEKO MESHD

ironduke57

Reaction score
Hi, guys.

I would like to know your opinion about the TKMS MEKO MESHD concept:
- http://www.europeansecurityanddefence.info/Ausgaben/2008/3_2008/05_Bohlayer_Ball%e9/Bohlayer_Ball%e9_Kaeding_ESD_0308.pdf (Page five and the following)

Regards,
ironduke57

ironduke57 said:
Hi, guys.

I would like to know your opinion about the TKMS MEKO MESHD concept:
- http://www.europeansecurityanddefence.info/Ausgaben/2008/3_2008/05_Bohlayer_Ball%e9/Bohlayer_Ball%e9_Kaeding_ESD_0308.pdf (Page five and the following)

Regards,
ironduke57

Nice ship but we run into the same problems as we have discussed here before. Too many roles complicate things. Buy a standard AOR or Amphib otherwise you are placing too many eggs in one basket not to mention making it an even more valuable target.

Do you have an opinion or thoughts on this class of ship ID57?

Ex-Dragoon said:
Do you have an opinion or thoughts on this class of ship ID57?

Well I think it is an fascinating concept through it´s high flexibility. Like an MRTT Airbus on a much bigger scale.
Something like this is probably the only chance to get an LHD/LPD like ship for our Marine in the nearer future.

BTW: I didn´t posted something myself to not influence other opinions.

Regards,
ironduke57

ironduke57 said:
Well I think it is an fascinating concept through it´s high flexibility. Like an MRTT Airbus on a much bigger scale.
Something like this is probably the only chance to get an LHD/LPD like ship for our Marine in the nearer future.

BTW: I didn´t posted something myself to not influence other opinions.

Regards,
ironduke57

Well thats what they hoped to do with the JSS and that turned into a naval nightmare. The govt wanted the platform to do too much and in doing so, it would only have accomplished all taskings in a half assed manner.

But we have a different base and concept. We already have two new replenisher´s and a third will probable be ordered in the nearer future.
So any possibility´s in that direction are only a bonus and are not an integral part of the ship. But this possible usage could be used to distract our lefties a bit and to partly relieve our old (one hull) tanker fleet.

Regards,
ironduke57

ironduke57 said:
But we have a different base and concept. We already have two new replenisher´s and a third will probable be ordered in the nearer future.
So any possibility´s in that direction are only a bonus and are not an integral part of the ship. But this possible usage could be used to distract our lefties a bit and to partly relieve our old (one hull) tanker fleet.

Regards,
ironduke57

Your Navy is in a much better position than ours. You already have your new AOR's and this new ship would give you the flexibility of being a 3rd AOR in an emergency but her primary mission would be Amphib type operations.
I wish our country would be as realistic.

Back