• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Operations in Built-Up Areas (OBUA)

M

marshmanguy

Does the CF have a MOUT course?  If we do, what's it called?  And what's it like?

I also hear there is an advanced FISH course in the works............

The advanced course will expand on the predominantly indoors FISH course to include Dismounted Infantry Removal Through Yards AKA the DIRTY course. I hear that those selected for these courses will be doing exercises out on the economy to see what DIRTY FISH is like all around the Petawawa area...

http://www.socnetcentral.com/vb/showthread.php?s=b5cc75ad1e6ab7e3effef6c350eb3255&threadid=41771

Good discussion of it here.  Sounds like the course is actually done quite well.

I remember early versions of DIRTY FISH in Pet. Targets and safe houses were reputedly marked with boxes of "cheer" in the windows...

a_majoor    ;D - Naughty Naughty...

MOUT is coming to use more and more in the CF as we go down south and use their facilities...

LOL Full Spectrum Warrior

All that game taught me was to scream profanity at the top of my lungs and whip Xbox controllers at 90mph at my TV

In the CF we use FIBUA, for Fighting In Built-Up Area.

We call it OBUA now, not FIBUA. It stands for for Occupying Built Up Areas. Who knows why they changed it. :p

The new accronym reflects that, in PSOs and a "thre block war", we will do more than just fight in built-up areas.

marshmanguy:

What's it like?

OBUA in the CF reminds me of shopping at walmart.

All the buildings are basically laid out the same.
The minute you get inside the building you loose whoever you came in with.
The staff members seem to have different answers to your questions.
Your always bumping into people
Everyone seems to go in every direction at once.
You always find yourself in an area you just don't want to be (womens clothes/in the middle of the enemy)
You always end up having to carry around something big and heavy. (84mm/huge stupid table set)
You always run into someone you don't like and don't want to talk to

Almost every CF base has at least a small site, thanks to the Argyll's many armouries will soon have indoor sites set up on the parade squares.  Furthermore, what the hell is FISH and who uses the term?

Back