• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Openings to Remuster?

EpicBeardedMan

Inactive
Reaction score
Anyone currently know if the MP's are still looking for bodies (remuster) I've got my Police Foundations as well.

-Ty

Make an appointment with the BPSO, they would have the up to date numbers.

Yes, another MPAC is upcoming, which you won't make obviously, but the demand is still there.

So what happens if they accept your VOR, you sit on PAT waiting for an MPAC? Then if you fail the MPAC what happens?

EpicBeardedMan said:
So what happens if they accept your VOR, you sit on PAT waiting for an MPAC? Then if you fail the MPAC what happens?

You start looking for another trade.

EpicBeardedMan said:

It has been a while since I was in the business but I believe that you must attend MPAC first and be successful before you are offered a position. Therefore, if you are unsuccessful on MPAC you just remain where you are.

EpicBeardedMan said:

A guy I know VORed to MP. He sat for months waiting, finally got on an MPAC, passed, got offered the job, and went on to become a successful MP. If he had have failed MPAC, he would have had to remain in his original trade or find a different one to join.

What if you're already on course? A guy on course VOR'd a month before his course was done but if I have to wait for an MPAC I might be done my course by then.

EpicBeardedMan said:
I might be done my course by then.

The you cannot VOR. You will have to go through the VOT process and all the restrictions and conditions that come with it.

Yeah there's some magic % of training that once completed, makes you ineligible for a VOR. Can't remember what it is at this point, but yeah if you finish, CDN is correct that you will have to wait for an OT.

yeah, I asked today and my PO said that if its the last month of my training then i can't VOR. A couple guys VOR'd in the courses ahead of me while on course.

I was told if you have completed more than 60% of your QL3 course then you won't be able to VOR.

Reviving an older topic here, but does anyone know the current requirements for an OT to MP? I would go see the BPSO, but I am currently deployed.

IAW CFAO 11-12, you would need (as an MSE Op, so LOTP doesn't apply):

- 48 months continuous svc by 31 Dec of the year of application;
- meet the Medical Standards for the MOC (323325);
- CFAT score cutoff and education requirements; and
- be QL4 qual'd (or QL3 if your MOC has no QL4).

According to the DGMC ISS info currently posted, you also have to complete the MP Consent to Disclosure (with financial check) form, as well as the Personnel Screening, Consent and Authorization form.

Additional info on the FPSO site says a complete file for AVOTP application includes Pers File, UER, current MPRR, Conduct Sheet (if applic), OT Application Form v5.o (Parts 1-3 completed) and the PSO Referral Form.

You could visit the PSO site from whatever base you are posted to, they should have all the info for the AVOTP and a contact you can email questions to for "official" answers to your questions, including the AVOTP Competition Message for FY 12/13 to give you an idea of what is required for in addition to all that, such as:

- up to date med cat; and
- valid EXPRES test or LFCPFS.

*Note - the FY 12/13 AVOTP Comp msg states "all applicants to 00161 MP are to request the Critical Information Package from their local PSO Office".

Hope that helps some.

Back