• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Open House, Vancouver - Seaforth Highlanders

combat_medic

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
For all those of you who are in the Lower Mainland area and are considering joining the reserves, particularly the infantry, the Seaforth Highlanders of Canada will be holding an open house this Saturday, March 12th from 3:30 pm to 8 pm.

Event Highlights include:

- Urban fighting/house clearing/FIBUA demonstrations
- 8-man section attack demonstrations
- blank fire and pyrotechnics displays
- the chance to fire on a military range simulator
- performances by the Seaforth Highlanders pipes and drums
- a chance to tour the Regimental Museum and Messes

Seaforth Armoury 1650 Burrard Street, Vancouver, on the corner of Burrard and 1st St, right next to the Molson Breweries (appropriately enough). Everyone is welcome.

Lim0 said:
Wooooo Open house!
wheres the love guys

What exactly is your point?  Perhaps you should listen more to what is being said than just posting inane comments because you can.

No.  I am not going.  If you read combat medic's post, you will see that this is a recruiting thing.  I have already been serving for a number of years.

wel i hope it'll be fun. theres pyrotechnics display  8)

Well I'll be there.  Thanks for posting this Combat Medic.

Pretty good stuff, I particularly enjoyed the section attack demo and the SAT range.

how come i didn't see you? I got a real good understanding with the C6, C7 and the C9. Hm I left early, I didn't get to see the officers mess  :blotto:

I had fun for the short time I was there.  Missed all the early stuff due to work; I couldn't get there until around 6:00.

It was nice to get a feel for some of the equipment.  Apparently I didn't do too poorly on the weapons simulator considering it was my first time and the sights weren't zeroed properly for me.  My wife absolutely refused to try, which is too bad considering she was a top shot in the Rod and Gun club in her early teens.

Nice gourp of people too, I really look forward to hopefully being a part of the unit.

Back