• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Op IMPACT: CAF in the Iraq & Syria crisis

BZ to the RCAF Hornet community.  :salute:

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/operations-abroad-current/op-impact.page

Attention: Latest News - Mission Refocus

In accordance with Government of Canada direction, the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) ceased airstrike operations in Iraq and Syria on 15 February 2016.

From their first sortie on 30 October 2014 to 15 February 2016, the CF-188 Hornets conducted 1378 sorties resulting in 251 airstrikes (246 in Iraq and 5 in Syria), expended 606 munitions and achieved the following effects:
•267 ISIL fighting positions,
•102 ISIL equipment and vehicles, and
•30 ISIL Improvised Explosive Device (IED) factories and ISIL storage facilities.

The six CF-188 Hornets, along with associated aircrew and support personnel, will depart the region in a phased approach in the coming weeks.

comp.jpg

Concur with EITS, well done to the RCAF's Fighter Force!  :salute:

As for the Griffon, it does indeed carry protective armour panels that can be installed in a number of different configurations to provide protection to crew and passengers, so it is not incorrect to say that the Griffons will be both armed and armoured.  It is not reasonable to make it out as though either the reporter or the RCAF are trying to make the Griffon come across as an Apache-like attack helicopter.

:2c:

Regards,
G2G

It's been decided and announced...

Article Link

Tax Relief for Personnel Deployed on Designated International Operational Missions

On February 16, 2016, the Minister of Finance added the following moderate-risk missions to the previous list of designated missions for tax relief:

Designated International Operational Missions

Op IMPACT (Kuwait) - October 5, 2014 - Ongoing

Glad to hear that! I was hoping to do my income tax this weekend, but now I guess I'll wait until my SOR issue me the tax relief letter.

After only, what, 18 months from the start of the operation? Government bureaucracy at its finest.

opcougar said:
By "people" you mean yourself?  ;D

If I was to get any back, I would consider donating it to the "Special Health Care for Fucktards" fund.  I would love to see a cure for people affected with this socially disabling condition, such as yourself.

Did the HA/RA increase as a result?  We're still waiting for the shake-down to occur following the 6-pack departure before CFTPO gets updated for R3.

Eye In The Sky said:
If I was to get any back, I would consider donating it to the "Special Health Care for Fucktards" fund.  I would love to see a cure for people affected with this socially disabling condition, such as yourself.

Bam!! LOL

Ditch said:
Did the HA/RA increase as a result?  We're still waiting for the shake-down to occur following the 6-pack departure before CFTPO gets updated for R3.

Naw, not that I am aware of.  I did hear a few rumours about something in the works for those who go into the battlespace may be getting HA/RA rates for OP IMPACT - IRAQ on ATOd days vice the Kuwait HA/RA but so far it's just rumours...

That's similar to the herc guys in Mirage, correct? I heard something about that when we were still in the thick of it in Kandahar.

It's very likely and it makes sense to only get it the days folks go over The Badlands.

Biggest danger in Kuwait is the desert bar at the DFAC.  ^-^

I'll never forget the day I was next in line at the ice cream machine and some USAF mother fucker emptied it.

Damn near had the MPs called on me..

The struggle was real.

Dolphin_Hunter said:
I'll never forget the day I was next in line at the ice cream machine and some USAF mother fucker emptied it.

Damn near had the MPs called on me..

The struggle was real.

The horrors of war.  Did you manage to find a peer support group when you "RIPPED OUT".  ^-^

Eye In The Sky said:
My mandatory cultural training for Kuwait told me the country was dry - please tell me a tiny oasis exists at ASAM?

Eye In The Sky said:
It's very likely and it makes sense to only get it the days folks go over The Badlands.

Sorry...I read that too fast and read it as DECAF......Now that really is not coffee.

So is this something we would file through CRA during tax season or will it be another deposit into our accounts. What's the process here to claim this benefit?

Quirky said:
So is this something we would file through CRA during tax season or will it be another deposit into our accounts. What's the process here to claim this benefit?

When you file.  Your HA/RA will be included in Box 40 on your T4.  The amount in Box 40 will not be included as taxable income.

Regards
G2G

Back