• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

OP Desert Griz

mondo

Inactive
Reaction score
Who all is going on the board? Anyone know whats going on down there yet? Maybe meet up with some of you for the first time, have a beer on the american turf!!!

I doubt any of us.  The word I got yesterday is that Ex Desert Grizzly is cancelled.

I heard someone in higher forgot to sign some lines of some forms, so now we dont get to go. just rumor though, no proof thus far.

By the sounds of it there will still be an opportunity for good training on those dates. Not much information currently though.

Alot of planning goes into taking us to the states, i doubt it is cancelled

I'll find out Saturday, thats not surprising since they have done that before cancelling ex's south of the border.

From what I have heard it has been cancelled.Gotta love brigade. ::)

ya cancelled cause someone forgot to do the foregin troop documents...oh well, anyone going to the training wk end in calgary?

I went to the ex and i was very disappointed.  Way too much standing around, way too many "militia bullets".  The facilities were good, and the ex could have been great if we had simunition, well i guess we had the ammo but no kits  ::) . We were picking up a ton of brass anyways we should have been able to fire blanks in the old barracks, and out side at the Calgary fire hall, pyro would have been nice, alot of the training techniques that we use versus the kings own people, and the engineres was diffrent so there was alot of confusion when it came to room clearing.  What did every one else think of the ex

MightyMouse said:
What did every one else think of the ex

The Fire Tower was great. Our plan of running down the snowy berm outside the killhouse in the middle of the night didn't work so well, although slipping and falling/sliding down it proved to be a very fast way of getting to the house. >:D

Back