• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

OP Bronze Taskings....Wainwright Taskings?

cbt arms sub tech

Inactive
Reaction score
Anyone have heard anything concerning Operation Bronze Taskings overseas, or 2 week taskings in Wainwright concerning work up training for Roto's?

Cheers...

OP Bronze, formerly Palladium is due to have yet another name change.........Nothing heard, Out. :salute:

Following the conclusion of the NATO SFOR mission in Bosnia-Herzegovina on 2 December 04, the Canadian mission in Bosnia effectively split into two.   OP BRONZE, the mission that took over from OP PALLADIUM in early October, remains as the Canadian contribution to the NATO HQ in Sarajevo.   It consists of 14 personnel.   Another 69 personnel now come under OP BOREAS, the Canadian contribution to the European Union Force (EUFOR) that took over from SFOR.   So we have two ops currently underway in Bosnia--BRONZE (NATO) and BOREAS (EUFOR).   Both are manned by Task Force Balkans, which is headquartered in Banja Luka, and both remain in Roto 0.   Roto 1's are now being generated for planned deployment in the spring.   Anyone who wishes to follow-up on deployment opportunities with the ongoing Canadian missions in Bosnia should talk to their chain of command.

More info is available at http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/Newsroom/view_news_e.asp?id=992

I can't offer much about taskings in Wainwright.   Generally, predeployment training is a combination of training done at unit and formation level, at Area level, and with the Peace Support Training Centre in Kingston.    Which Area is involved in any particular Roto of any particular op changes as the responsibility to force generate cycles among the Areas.

Thanks very much for the reply, anyone know the numbers for the spring deployment if it gets off the ground?

It is my understanding that LFCA was/is handling ROTO 1 for Bronze (possibly the new one to).  I asked my OPs O about it back in Sept he sent me the package, they are leaving around the end of March I believe, and most people have already been selected.  One of our WO's is going over he did some of pretraining with the troops who are now in Camp Mirage. Now he is on contract at the unit until he deploys. Don't know any numbers, but like I said they have been selected already.

There will probably be some positions on the ROTO 1 CFTPOs for BRONZE and BOREAS that need to be sourced nationally.  Again, I would suggest enquiring through the chain of command.

Back