• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Op Apollo Video

bill1977 said:
know where i could get the whole video from?

The footage for that video (atleast most of it) was taken from a documentary about the Canadians role in Afghanistan.  It occasionally runs on the History Channel, and I think it's available to buy on the history channel website.

Yup, you can buy it here (VHS only)

http://www.viewerplus.com/Product.asp?ID=12144

Well, it took quite awhile but it was definitly worth it. Best 4 and a half minutes of video i've seen in awhile.

Gent's as scm77 said; it's a vid with out takes of the 3 part series of Op. Apollo that has been shown on the CBC and the History Ch..
Oh any body know who the band is in the short vid?
I like the music.

I remember the documentary as I saw it a while back.. the best part, if I remember correctly, was when the Engineer said something to the likes of how he loved his job because he got to blow "stuff" up during the scene where they destroyed the cave with the weapon cache. (it's in the video)

Nonetheless, very well done and flows nicely with the music especially after the sniper shot..

Cheers

Now that is something which makes you want to enlist the next day. Too bad I'm waiting till after grade 12.  :salute: :cdn: :salute:

As others have already noted, the music video is a compilation of footage from the 3-part Op APOLLO documentary that was produced by Garth Pritchard.  It contains a mix of actual operational footage (eg. the 84mm engagement of a sangar on the Whale feature) and live-fire training at the Tarnak Farms range complex outside of KAF.

The video was produced by an RCR Cpl at the CTC Tactics School approximately 4 months ago.  I had it hosted at Milphotos.net for a while, and the links have since made the rounds through the DIN. 

I think the Cpl did a very good job with the video and accompanying music.  Credit where due, eh?

I downloaded that short vid on dial-up. Savage video! I love it. Makes me glad I'm joining, and makes me want armor more and more each time I watch it. 14 times and counting :)

Question, why are Canadian troops wearing green camo in the DESERT? Does Canada have CADPAT uniforms for desert and urban settings?

CF-22 Raptor said:
Question, why are Canadian troops wearing green camo in the DESERT? Does Canada have CADPAT uniforms for desert and urban settings?

That question is a little old (Op Apollo being over 3 years ago now, PPCLI contingent anyways), and has already been answered and explained.  Use the search.  BTW nice vid and soundtrack, why they don't make this a recruiting video is..........................oh yeah they are shooting stuff.

Hatchet Man said:
That question is a little old (Op Apollo being over 3 years ago now, PPCLI contingent anyways), and has already been answered and explained.   Use the search.   BTW nice vid and soundtrack, why they don't make this a recruiting video is..........................oh yeah they are shooting stuff.

And because some of it's from a tv documentary...

The video was produced by an RCR Cpl at the CTC Tactics School approximately 4 months ago.

You sure about the 4 months figure?  I had that movie uploaded on my friends webserver for almost a year now.

I just logged on to Army.ca for the first time because an acquaintance told me that this video was on the site. I made that video around Feb 05. (I can get the exact date if anyone truly cares) Basically I was bored one day and decided to kill a few hours playing around with Windows Movie Maker. There are a few things I would like to say about it.

First, 100% of the video footage used was from a series of documentaries entitled "Friendly Fire", "Waging Peace", and "Chasing Shadows". The music was obviously by Sting. As Mark C stated "Credit where due".

Second, the video footage is not presented in any intentional chronological order. I simply put the footage into sequences that it seemed to have impact. If you want to know what happened on that deployment it is best to ask someone who was there, as I certainly was not.

Third, after reading the comments posted here I am glad the video was well received. I do feel however that the only true judgement of it can come from those members who were on the deployment. What is a cool image or video sequence for some could well have a much deeper meaning for those who were there. I truly hope that I have not portrayed any events in a way that reflects poorly or slights those who were there or their experiences. Not my intention.

Fourth, I had not imagined that this would be so widely distributed, but since neither Garth Pritchard nor Sting have shown up to sue me for copyright infringement I can only assume that I am in the clear. However if they feel the need, I am a divorced Cpl, if you want money you will have to get in a long, slow-moving line to get it.

Pro Patria

anyone know where I can download it sans bittorrent - UN Internet machines suck

HAHAHAHAHA! Access denied by surf control....  >:D

I'll have to get over to the other side so I can get it with one of the welfare machines... thanks  :salute:

Hey, "JohnsonAC",

Good to see you here!  Thanks again for the vid.  You'll have to drop me a PM and explain the "user-name".  Knowing you as I do, I strongly suspect that there are embedded deviant connotations....  ;D

Cheers, and Merry Xmas from "Patricia-land".

Back