• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ontario Politics in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://angusreid.org/ontario-pc-elliott-mulroney-ford/

Would Ford put the party’s hold on soft voters at risk?
The brother of the late Toronto mayor Rob Ford and a former mayoral candidate himself, Doug Ford is hardly a political neophyte. Like Elliott, he is viewed favourably by a majority of the Progressive Conservative base, though roughly twice as many in this group have an unfavourable opinion of him as have an unfavourable opinion of her.

Where Ford’s polarizing nature becomes a disadvantage is among those still deciding whether to support the PCPO in the upcoming election. A full majority of those who say they will “certainly consider” the party have a negative impression of Ford, and nearly as many in the “maybe consider” group say the same.

The same pattern can be seen in respondents’ likelihood to vote for the party with Ford as leader. Four-in-ten of those who are already in the party fold say his leadership would make them more likely to vote for the party – suggesting that he would energize the base.

Ford would also energize those outside the base, however, and not in the Tories’ favour. Just as those already planning to vote for the party say they’d be more likely to do so if Ford were leader, those who will definitely not even consider the party say they’d be even less likely to do so with Ford at the helm.

The middle groups, as previously mentioned, are much more likely to be driven away from the party by Ford than to be driven toward it.

All of those disenchanted liberals who would have stayed home for Elliot or Mulroney are going to actively keep out Ford.

I'm going to call it, Liberals with a minority government. No point in energizing your base if it means you energize your opponents base as well.

Attachments

• Doug.jpg
    Doug.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 100
Jarnhamar said:
Better luck trying the gas plants in Mississauga and Oakville.

James Gardens in Etobicoke. That's where Doug Ford used to sell dope and supply dealers. It's no big secret.

This is laughable. Trump respects women??? He is really good at running businesses into the ground and avoiding the consequences. He can, and has, been bought, many times. The way he conducts business is the absolute worst form of capitalism on earth. Yes, many women voted for him. But was that voting for him or against Clinton? And, actually, more Americans voted for Clinton than Trump.. not buy a small amount, but by millions.

You don't trust the 'MSM' because you think they're biased? Fine, you don't have to. You can learn all you need to know about Trump by listening to the raw words that come out of his own mouth. I can't understand how anyone who has honestly listened to the provable lies, hatred, misogyny, and stupidity, that come out of his mouth would think that he's the best choice to run any democratic government. You don't have to watch 'MSM' to come to that conclusion. The man blatantly does not hide what he is.

America, and the GOP specifically, is going to be recovering from the damage of this 'leader' for decades to come.

mariomike said:
Why wait?

Absolutely Donald Trump respects women. There's millions of women that have voted for him. So all those millions of women are dumb? I don't think so.

Do I think Donald Trump can run the country a lot better and get along with other countries like Russia? Absolutely he can do a better job. He can create a stimulus. He can lower taxes.

Donald Trump's a businessman, he's a very successful businessman. I think he's a marketing genius.

Over 80% of the media can't stand Donald Trump in the US. I've never seen a more biased media in my entire life, except Rob Ford. But outside of that I have not seen a more biased media.

No one can buy Donald Trump. And everyone knows that.
http://www.azquotes.com/author/24760-Doug_Ford_Jr

[quote author=Trumpeter]

America, and the GOP specifically, is going to be recovering from the damage of this 'leader' for decades to come.

[/quote]

US seems to be doing pretty good for itself.

Ontario on the other hand? Not so much.

Trumpeter42 said:
This is laughable. Trump respects women??? He is really good at running businesses into the ground and avoiding the consequences. He can, and has, been bought, many times. The way he conducts business is the absolute worst form of capitalism on earth. Yes, many women voted for him. But was that voting for him or against Clinton? And, actually, more Americans voted for Clinton than Trump.. not buy a small amount, but by millions.

You don't trust the 'MSM' because you think they're biased? Fine, you don't have to. You can learn all you need to know about Trump by listening to the raw words that come out of his own mouth. I can't understand how anyone who has honestly listened to the provable lies, hatred, misogyny, and stupidity, that come out of his mouth would think that he's the best choice to run any democratic government. You don't have to watch 'MSM' to come to that conclusion. The man blatantly does not hide what he is.

Those weren't the poster's opinions. Those were direct quotes from Doug Ford.

How badly do you want to get rid of Kathleen Wynne?

Attachments

• doug-ford-globe-and-mail.jpg
    doug-ford-globe-and-mail.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 114
Pencil Tech said:
James Gardens in Etobicoke. That's where Doug Ford used to sell dope and supply dealers. It's no big secret.

Is this the same family of drug that we're going to be selling in stores across Ontario?

By the way have you heard that we spent $650'000 to "design" this sign?

pot_us_cda_20180206-1.jpg

More money well spent in Ontario I say.

Jarnhamar said:
US seems to be doing pretty good for itself.

Ontario on the other hand? Not so much.

I guess it depends on what one values. 

One persons good is another person's socially liberal smugfest. 

Another person's good would be some else's misogynist, fundamentally racist, mean-spirited, socially antediluvian, dangerously erratic, untrustworthy ally and Christian Right gun-toting NRA enabled kleptocracy designed to extract wealth from the proles and line the pockets of the corporate masters.

PPCLI Guy said:
I guess it depends on what one values. 

One persons good is another person's socially liberal smugfest. 

Another person's good would be some else's misogynist, fundamentally racist, mean-spirited, socially antediluvian, dangerously erratic, untrustworthy ally and Christian Right gun-toting NRA enabled kleptocracy designed to extract wealth from the proles and line the pockets of the corporate masters.

Exactly what I was thinking.  Employment rates, shaking up FBI corruption, putting the brakes on the Clinton Foundation. All the bells and whistles :)

Jarnhamar said:
Is this the same family of drug that we're going to be selling in stores across Ontario?

By the way have you heard that we spent $650'000 to "design" this sign?

pot_us_cda_20180206-1.jpg

More money well spent in Ontario I say.

Obviously you missed the point. Do you think it's wrong to say you never took drugs on your CAF application when you had? Maybe if Doug Ford becomes premier he can also legalize heroin for the benefit of his sister Kathryn. Don't get me started on Randy. Rob well he coked himself to death didn't he?

recceguy said:
and your proof?

Of course the Globe and Mail is mainstream-media-fake-news of course but maybe you'll read this:  https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/globe-investigation-the-ford-familys-history-with-drug-dealing/article12153014/

Pencil Tech said:
Of course the Globe and Mail is mainstream-media-fake-news of course but maybe you'll read this:  https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/globe-investigation-the-ford-familys-history-with-drug-dealing/article12153014/
Fake news! :tsktsk:

Pencil Tech said:
Obviously you missed the point. Do you think it's wrong to say you never took drugs on your CAF application when you had? Maybe if Doug Ford becomes premier he can also legalize heroin for the benefit of his sister Kathryn. Don't get me started on Randy. Rob well he coked himself to death didn't he?

I haven't seen anywhere that Doug Ford has been convicted of any drug offence. Did a couple of quick searches. Lots of innuendo, mostly the Globe & Mail, but no articles on convictions or court cases where he was charged by the Crown. Can you provide a link?

Pencil Tech said:

This is what I took away from your article

<snip>There's nothing on the public record that The Globe has accessed that shows Doug Ford has ever been criminally charged for illegal drug possession or trafficking. But some of the sources said that, in the affluent pocket of Etobicoke where the Fords grew up, he was someone who sold not only to users and street-level dealers, but to dealers one rung higher than those on the street. His tenure as a dealer, many of the sources say, lasted about seven years until 1986, the year he turned 22. "That was his heyday," said "Robert," one of the former drug dealers who agreed to an interview on the condition he not be identified by name.

Upon being approached, the sources declined to speak if identified, saying they feared the consequences of outing themselves as former users and sellers of illegal drugs.

The Globe also tried to contact retired police officers who investigated drugs in the area at the time. One said he had no recollection of encountering the Fords.

Another, whose name appeared on court documents in relation to allegations of assault and forcible confinement committed by Randy Ford, said he could not recall the incident. Several did not respond. <snip>

So what I see is a lot of innuendo and finger pointing from 'unnamed sources' no one can identify, the all seeing all knowing Globe & Mail, with basically nothing and police officers that are familiar, but don't recall anything.  Have I got that right?

Doug threatened to sue the Globe and Mail, but did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back