• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ontario Politics in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altair

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Apparently the PC leadership results are a dead head between Elliott & Ford and fraught with technical issues. 

The delegates are all currently waiting around on the floor past the time when the results were supposed to be announced, while the party leadership and lawyers for Ford & Elliott are holed up behind closed doors.

Wynne is the real winner today

Ugh. Looks like the Liberals just won the PCPO leadership race.

It’ll be a cold day in hell before I vote for Doug Ford.

Brihard said:
Ugh. Looks like the Liberals just won the PCPO leadership race.

It’ll be a cold day in hell before I vote for Doug Ford.

Depending what you're reading hell is sometimes explained as a frozen wasteland.

So maybe a vote for Doug?

What is it with the PCPO that they've not been able to vote in a grownup as leader since Mike Harris?  Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.  Christine Elliot would have sent Wynne packing without breaking a sweat.  A blowhard like Ford?  Not a chance.  I've voted Tory all my adult life.  This time around, I won't bother voting at all.  What's the point?

Jarnhamar said:
Depending what you're reading hell is sometimes explained as a frozen wasteland.

So maybe a vote for Doug?

Let me try again. I would sooner slam a car door on my genitals than vote for Doug Ford or reward the PCs for what it appears they just went and did.

Brihard said:
Let me try again. I would sooner slam a car door on my genitals than vote for Doug Ford or reward the PCs for what it appears they just went and did.

I figure it's just like how the hell sheer got voted in. Who ever is responsible will have a nice cushy liberal job lined up lol

Brihard said:
I really have no dog in this hunt but for ON to put  a Wynne government in because the don’t like the other guy is the same thing as slamming your genitals in aa car door. Just sayin’

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/toronto/ontario-progressive-conservatives-pcs-new-leader-election-1.4571014

They're saying Ford for sure.  Shame.

Jed said:
I really have no dog in this hunt but for ON to put  a Wynne government in because the don’t like the other guy is the same thing as slamming your genitals in aa car door. Just sayin’
Perhaps, but unfortunately, the June election has just become an Anyone-But-Ford crap show.  :facepalm:  If the PCPO hadn't lost what little brains it still had, it would have understood this.  And I do have a dog in this hunt, sadly.

Jed said:

Oh, no chance I’ll vote for Wynne. Probably a protest vote for Green unless there’s someone else more unviably absurd.

Well if the Wynne government goes in and the Liberals go federally I predict you will have an’ Any one but Eastern Canada’ movement out West.

Unfortunately as Ontario is the dominant province our fortunes will follow Ontario’s whether we like it or not.

You guys want a split of the thread to consolidate the discussion on the results and possible repercussions of the leadership race?

Brihard said:
Oh, no chance I’ll vote for Wynne. Probably a protest vote for Green unless there’s someone else more unviably absurd.
its going to be a anyone but ford movement on the left.

Watch for the NDP vote to collapse now.

I'm totally gobsmacked but can't blame anyone but myself because I didn't register to vote in this clusterf***. Trouble is with what happened down south it's not as if this kind of result wasn't predictable.

There's no way I'll ever vote Liberal here and quite frankly I'll vote for anyone who will get her and her gang out (save and except the NDP)

I have a hard time believing that there are enough Ontario conservatives that truly wanted Ford as leader. His business credentials are a joke and his stand on abortion and sex education and the like is too "pseudo-Christian" for my liking. I'm waiting to see the results of the vote. They say it was close so in a four-way race like this it probably means he's far short of the majority of the votes.

:pullhair:

Turn clocks forward tonight, turn Ontario back 25 years?  :)

mariomike said:
Turn clocks forward tonight, turn Ontario back 25 years?  :)
I'd happily turn it back to Mike Harris if it means the gongshow of Mcguinty and Wynne never existed.  The PCs are being dealt the same cards Harris was dealt after Rae bankrupted the province.

Don't vote Ford if you must, just keep the vote away from the liberals and the PCs will still win.

PuckChaser said:
I'd happily turn it back to Mike Harris if it means the gongshow of Mcguinty and Wynne never existed.  The PCs are being dealt the same cards Harris was dealt after Rae bankrupted the province.

Don't vote Ford if you must, just keep the vote away from the liberals and the PCs will still win.
One of the NDP or the Liberals will rally the left leaning vote to keep ford out of office.

A damn shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back