• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ontario Election/Campaign June 2022

Where's the best vantage point to hear the lamentation of the women?
Wherever trudeau is. While one doesn't depend or have much to do with the other, thousands of voters equate the two. To them, a grit is a grit. Federal or provincial doesn't matter to them. A lot of the map that was red or orange grit has changed blue. I'll bet His Nibs is not feeling very comfortable right now.

Honestly, Ford didn't do much of anything to win this election. He just sucked less than Horvath and Del Duca. This was 100 percent a case of phoning it in and still coming out on top.

This was the provincial equivalent of the 2021 Farce Election.

Honestly, Ford didn't do much of anything to win this election. He just sucked less than Horvath and Del Duca. This was 100 percent a case of phoning it in and still coming out on top.
He's projected right now to be up 4 seats, and 2 ridings where the PCs are incumbent have yet to report. He didn't need to be flashy, he ran a front-runner campaign on what was basically his leadership during the pandemic. He's syphoning those extra seats directly from the NDP in Opposition which is a big deal and should cause absolute chaos in the Opposition benches as Horwath is multiple time failed leader (with trending down polls) and Del Duca lost his own seat while moving the Liberals from the Minivan Party to the Panel Van party.

Comparing it to the 2021 Fed Election is disingenuous. Trudeau thought he could use his pandemic leadership as a tactic to win a majority which backfired into him grabbing only 2 seats from the Tories and being resoundingly denied a majority. Apples to oranges comparison.

Someone should post up the Butthurt Report. It's going to be needed in an hour or two.😄

Where's the best vantage point to hear the lamentation of the women?
Ah Conan what is best in life?

In my mind its seeing The Liberal Party of Canada and the New Democratic Party (which isn't democratic at all) getting thoroughly trounced.

Wow, what a rout. I guess this means we don’t need to endure another provincial election for four years.

Some serious soul searching is needed for the Liberals and NDP after this.
Yep. Was expected. I had said a while ago when Altair was here that the PCs would win.

I guess Ford’s mask and vaccine mandates didn’t hurt him as much as some people thought and his many photo ops with Trudeau certainly helped show that he’s willing to work with anyone if it makes sense.

Federal conservatives should take note of a premier that governs from the Center a bit, gets rid of his looneys and runs a clean campaign with no hiccups.

Wow, what a rout. I guess this means we don’t need to endure another provincial election for four years.

Some serious soul searching is needed for the Liberals and NDP after this.
I'm not liking Ford's health care, etc policies but even I knew the result was pretty much pre-ordained.

I'm really hoping the "privatization" scare doesn't come to pass. I'm not holding my breath though.

I'm not liking Ford's health care, etc policies but even I knew the result was pretty much pre-ordained.

I'm really hoping the "privatization" scare doesn't come to pass. I'm not holding my breath though.
I’m really not happy with holding nurses to max 1% pay increases with inflation what it is. I hope they succesfully challenge that in court.

I’m also worried about anyone who’s didabled, unable to work and is on ODSP. It doesn’t come close to covering realistic costs of living. A badly disabled person dependent on a spouse as a full time caregiver gets a total of $975 monthly to cover rent, and another modest amount to cover everything else. For years now, I can before current inflation, disability benefits have fallen way below cost of living.

Astute!

Exactly. Both NS and Ont have shown there is a want and desire for the centered conservative approach, think old PCs. Two areas the Fed Cons need to grow!
Three things IMHO worked in Ford's favor.

1) no gaffs... barely on the radar centrist approach that appealed to an electorate who didn't want any more excitement after COVID
2) the other parties barely registered, nothing from them was attractive or different enough for the swing voters
3) believe it or not the Ford gov't has a very good relationship with the Federal Liberals, mainly due to Christina Freeland and Ford working together in the COVID trenches. Ford on more than one occasion has spoken of his respect for Christina and how they make a good team. As such the Federal Liberals did not encourage their base to mobilize to help their provincial counterparts like has happened in other provincial elections. They were likely happy with the result.

ON has a habit of voting opposites federally and provincially. That might mean the federal LPC has less to worry about, for now.
Agree completely. This might have helped feed point 3 above. Ontario hedges, traditionally keeping different parties in power at different levels as if we all agreed to keep the scales balanced in the middle so any activist left/right government at one level can't go too far.

That's exactly what it is. A scare. One that is used too often to frighten the Utopians. We're already using private medical. People just don't realize it. OHIP sent me to a private clinic to rest my nose. Everytime I have a blood test, it's drawn at a private clinic. I have to pay out of pocket for a PSA test that comes with it. Have a problem with your ears? You're sent to a private clinic. OHIP pays for everything, but it's not all, in house, government workers providing your health care. While it crows about universal health care, it does not crow about the amount of private contractors that keep it afloat. Personally, I don't want a doctor that is paid 100% for his services, by the government. It would become the same as the justice system. A revolving door of patients not receiving what was promised. Assembly line medicine. Imagine all those people using private clinics now lining up at the hospital for work notes, stuffy noses, etc. Without a huge massive input of tax dollars, enough to float the entire enterprise, we will always have public/private partnerships.

Last edited:
Back