• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ontario Election/Campaign June 2022

Polls have the Ontario Conservatives around 39%, with the Liberals and NDP tied at 27%.

So it's worth watching whether there's a rapid flow of Conservatives choosing not to run - might be suggestive that their internal polls suggest the opposition will coalesce around a single party, and they'd rather choose not to run than be defeated.

Polls have the Ontario Conservatives around 39%, with the Liberals and NDP tied at 27%.

So it's worth watching whether there's a rapid flow of Conservatives choosing not to run - might be suggestive that their internal polls suggest the opposition will coalesce around a single party, and they'd rather choose not to run than be defeated.
I know many traditional Team Blue supporters I know have been less than fully impressed with Ford, but neither other party seems to have a ton to offer, either.

Her not running may have to do with being burned out after being the Health Minister over the pandemic.

If we do see a lot of people jumping ship then maybe your theory is accurate.

I know many traditional Team Blue supporters I know have been less than fully impressed with Ford, but neither other party seems to have a ton to offer, either.
Agreed. I vowed not to see Ford re-elected a couple of years ago but honestly have seen nothing on offer from the opposition and Ford did do some things that slowly moved me back to the “I could maybe vote for him”.

The grits and dippers are offering nothing new. Horvath hasn't changed and del Duca is just a McGwynne syncophant. Ford had a couple of PR screwups, but nothing earth shattering or carrier ending. Likewise, he did nothing you would rate as spectacular. Just ordinary and steady. I'm satisfied with the way he shepherded almost half the population of Canada through the pandemic. I'm one of those card carrying Team Blue types that'll likely be voting Conservative again.

Even my buddy who hates the whole Ford clan has to admit he brought us through this really well.

Not enough to vote anything but Liberal, but what is to be expected from second generation European immigrants??😀

If Wikipedia's summary of polling during the campaign is to be believed ...
ON-campaign-polls-2018.JPG
... pretty clear Team Blue seems to be set to come back for round 2.

Voted this aft.

Pretty sure Fort gets a strong minority or even a majority.

Question will be what the opposition might look like.

Pretty sure he’ll get it. Horvath is on her last campaign and no one knows Del Luca. I expect the liberals to gain seats and the NDP to have a new leader when this is all over.

Pretty sure he’ll get it. Horvath is on her last campaign and no one knows Del Luca. I expect the liberals to gain seats and the NDP to have a new leader when this is all over.
too true. why would anyone vote ndp. It is like throwing your vote away. Might just as well vote liberal to begin with. (my take on the incestuous marriage of Trudeau and Singh)

Del Duca trailing badly in his seat, NDP trending to losing seat count and PCs might end up with a supermajority (82 seats).

Back