• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Only one in 5 years...lol

CBRgirl

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all!
Went and did everything yesterday at recruiting. Did well on the CFAT, did my medical, and had my interview!  All I have to do is get some medical papers done and then I should be put on the merit board.  I became quite well known at the recruiting office yesterday, as I'm the only person choosing Geo Tech in the five years they've been there! 
Congrats to all who are loaded for their BMQ!
Christine

CBRgirl said:
Hi all!
Went and did everything yesterday at recruiting. Did well on the CFAT, did my medical, and had my interview!  All I have to do is get some medical papers done and then I should be put on the merit board.  I became quite well known at the recruiting office yesterday, as I'm the only person choosing Geo Tech in the five years they've been there! 
Congrats to all who are loaded for their BMQ!
Christine

How did you get all three done in one shot????

I live 2.5 h from the nearest recruiting office, so I'm thinking they wanted me to have to make only one trip.

CBRgirl said:
I live 2.5 h from the nearest recruiting office, so I'm thinking they wanted me to have to make only one trip.

That can't be it because I live a fair distance away from mine, about a 2hr drive for me. It could very well be your trade.

J_M_J_D said:
That can't be it because I live a fair distance away from mine, about a 2hr drive for me. It could very well be your trade.

No there are certain thresholds for remote processing, it depends on a few variables. Trade has nothing to do with it.

Congrats on getting everything done all in one shot. It took me about a month to get a callback after I handed in the medical papers I needed to hand in. I wish you luck on your selection.

I also live quite a distance from my recruiting office.. about 4 and a half hours away and I was able to do my CFAT at 1pm on February 5th, then immediately after my test scored a pass i did both physical and medical examination and the very next day I did my interview. After my interview I had to bring some medical forms back and a vision form back aswell. I brought my vision form back the same day and got my security forms to fill out and bring home the same day aswell. Approx. 10 days later both security forms and medical was sent via email :) now I am just awaiting an offer.  ;D

KerryBlue said:
No there are certain thresholds for remote processing, it depends on a few variables. Trade has nothing to do with it.

Once again Kerry, stay in your own lanes when providing information. Depending on the requirements of the trade, it is very possible to have a streamlined recruitment process based on the needs of the service.

It depends a lot on scheduling, the number of applicants, the needs of the service and the abilities of the recruiting center. In 2005, I did my CFAT, Interview and Physical in one day. Medicals were only scheduled during certain days of the week, and had to wait for another go. I lived 20 minutes away.

By needs of the service, if the CAF are RED in say Infantry, and GREEN in Armored, than applicants for Infantry will get screened faster than the ones for Armored. It is no bias towards the people that applied for the RED trade, however the CF requires those positions to be filled. Often times, a member who applied for the GREEN trade and are awaiting an offer, may be offered a position in the RED trade if they so choose and meet the trade requirements.

I will end this statement by including I am not a recruiter, and the information I have is based on the experiences of many fellow soldiers who have gone through the process, as well as a few personal friends who were indeed recruiters.

Hope this helps clarify.

Back