• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

One of the worst extra duties ever....

Garett

Inactive
Reaction score
90%20Emergency%20Coffee%20Pot%20Hack.jpg

It really says a lot of what other people think of you when you do a job a table usually does.

Some poor feller's off to the side of the guy in the pic milking a cow ;)

kkwd said:
It really says a lot of what other people think of you when you do a job a table usually does.

Then again, there are always some people who couldn't be a table even if they had two extra legs.

The beauty of conscript armies... is that the Swedish or Finnish army I wonder?

He's most likely in a better humour than some of his fellow soldiers; has ready access to coffee, is snuggled up to a heating appliance and is not doing whatever crappy job his fellow conscripts are doing.  Perhaps he's the ultimate coffee b***h signaller and has learned the importance of coffee to the command structure - first rule, if there is electricity, make coffee; he's so good he has coffee ready even without a CP.  Of course there are some coffee related duties that should never be imposed on soldiers, you never know what they'll do; such as this example in thread Coffee Without Electricity.

George Wallace said:
At least he has fresh coffee.    ;D

Yup ! and its HOT, if you've noticed he's plugged into the power outlet box.

Whether its extra duty or not it sure Beats emptying and burning Cherry Pots.

By the way, I'd say these guys have it made. I can't remember when I got Fresh Hot Coffee on Bivouac.

Cheers.

FastEddy said:
I can't remember when I got Fresh Hot Coffee on Bivouac.

But can you remember the last time you were on bivouac... Ah-HAAA !!!  ;)

And there is another reason why I'm glad I'm Navy. Coffee magiclly appears in the big pot as if placed by an angel. Hot and fresh. Okay mabe not an angel but at least it's hot and sometimes fresh. At any rate I can usually sit down in a warm dry place and drink it.

And just for the record I have ALWAYS gone for my own coffee on the ship. I was a LS once myself!

And just for the record I have ALWAYS gone for my own coffee on the ship. I was a LS once myself!

I didn't think the Ark had coffee onboard... ;)

Fellow must be about to be promoted, as that is the primary function of Majors at NDHQ....

Jungle said:
But can you remember the last time you were on bivouac... Ah-HAAA !!!  ;)

Hell yes, it was either raining or freezing cold, but that seems the way they plan them and I always got the Jeep with no weather canvas ;D

Cheers.

PPCLI Guy said:
Fellow must be about to be promoted, as that is the primary function of Majors at NDHQ....

I thought the guy looked familiar. It's enough to make your average Master Captain feel grateful.

Those are some of the sweetest uniforms I've ever seen. As for the coffee being fresh?? I have to wonder where that coffee came from. Maybe an almagamation of everybody's coffee packets from issued leftover American First Gulf War MRE's......

Sonnyjim said:
Those are some of the sweetest uniforms I've ever seen. As for the coffee being fresh?? I have to wonder where that coffee came from. Maybe an almagamation of everybody's coffee packets from issued leftover American First Gulf War MRE's......

I am sure the basket has never been emptied........only new water added (or perhaps snow).  It may be to the point that it is a weak coffee flavoured tea. 

Back