• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

On Political Correctness

Xylric said:
Does that mean that 283 stunts went right, or that 17 went wrong?  ???

Apparently, they always went right. But, a jump would basically be so severe, they had to write off the car. And, they didn't replay film of old stunts. Ie Every stunt we saw was filmed 'fresh" for that episode. I saw the math somewhere. It added up to a lot of wrecked cars and good, clean entertainment for the family!

Nice car but you couldn't leave it unattended without someone damaging it.

Jarnhamar said:
Nice car but you couldn't leave it unattended without someone damaging it.

Don't xxxx with another man's vehicle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO48Vr4KIc8

mariomike said:
Apparently, they always went right. But, a jump would basically be so severe, they had to write off the car. And, they didn't replay film of old stunts. Ie Every stunt we saw was filmed 'fresh" for that episode. I saw the math somewhere. It added up to a lot of wrecked cars and good, clean entertainment for the family!

So basically, it was all "**** it, we've got money" type shenanigans.

Certainly paid off!

If you watch movies in which cars do improbable jumps and landings, you can often see the undercarriage disintegrating.

Correctness has evolved to intolerance.

The American Press Is Destroying Itself (Matt Taibbi, about recent changes in the institutional press).

"Even people who try to keep up with protest goals find themselves denounced the moment they fail to submit to some new tenet of ever-evolving doctrine, via a surprisingly consistent stream of retorts: fuck you, shut up, send money, do better, check yourself, I’m tired and racist." (italics in original)

Brad Sallows said:
Correctness has evolved to intolerance.

The American Press Is Destroying Itself (Matt Taibbi, about recent changes in the institutional press).

"Even people who try to keep up with protest goals find themselves denounced the moment they fail to submit to some new tenet of ever-evolving doctrine, via a surprisingly consistent stream of retorts: frig you, shut up, send money, do better, check yourself, I’m tired and racist." (italics in original)

It's always impressive to see so many Kafka Traps deployed at once :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuQAn6tpxKo

When I was a kid, we used to fish the west coast in pursuit of the Mighty Coho salmon. Every once in a while, we would catch a dogfish instead of said Mighty Coho. It was common practice in those much less enlightened times, to slit it's belly and dump it back in the chuck, never to be caught again.  It was fascinating to watch, as that poor little fish sank out of sight, it swim around in circles greedily chowing down on it's own entrails.  What's that got to do with political correct culture, I hear you ask?  The similarities between that dogfish and the uberwokenvolken just occurred to me this morning, the movement swims in ever decreasing circles, eating up little bits of itself that aren't woke enough for the main body any more, until it consumes itself and sinks out of sight... At least I hope so.

Target Up said:
When I was a kid, we used to fish the west coast in pursuit of the Mighty Coho salmon. Every once in a while, we would catch a dogfish instead of said Mighty Coho. It was common practice in those much less enlightened times, to slit it's belly and dump it back in the chuck, never to be caught again.  It was fascinating to watch, as that poor little fish sank out of sight, it swim around in circles greedily chowing down on it's own entrails.  What's that got to do with political correct culture, I hear you ask?  The similarities between that dogfish and the uberwokenvolken just occurred to me this morning, the movement swims in ever decreasing circles, eating up little bits of itself that aren't woke enough for the main body any more, until it consumes itself and sinks out of sight... At least I hope so.

Congartulations!

I have just searched the net for "uberwokenvolken" and could find no hits.

It seems you have coined a new phrase and are entitled to royalties from all and sundry from here on in.

:salute:

Target Up said:

To continue this useful analogy ...

The last time I fished halibut off of Constance Bank, near Victoria, the first 5 or 6 fish we pulled up were dog fish. We gutted them as you described and waited, while the remains floated down to halibut depth of about 300ft.

While their colleagues were busy feeding on dog fish remains we pulled up 6 nice fish, completely unmolested.

:)

daftandbarmy said:
To continue this useful analogy ...

The last time I fished halibut off of Constance Bank, near Victoria, the first 5 or 6 fish we pulled up were dog fish. We gutted them as you described and waited, while the remains floated down to halibut depth of about 300ft.

While their colleagues were busy fearing in dog fish remains we pulled up 6 nice fish, completely unmolested.

:)

Okay. One more.

During my Phase 1 at CFOCS Venture in Victoria about 15 of us cadets went off on a deep fishing expedition for an afternoon on a charter. Much alcohol was consumed and many dogfish hauled up.

One of the drunken games some played was doing fish/sword fighting trying to slap one another with squirming dogfish a la the Monty Python Fish Slapping dance albeit more robustly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8XeDvKqI4E

Word of this got back to staff as the senior cadet-in-charge of the outing was persuaded to find another career field.

:cheers:

What did Wendy Mesley say that was so egregious that the CBC is trying to wipe her from the face of the earth?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/the-weekly-suspend-episodes-wendy-mesley-1.5610799

FSTO said:
What did Wendy Mesley say that was so egregious that the CBC is trying to wipe her from the face of the earth?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/the-weekly-suspend-episodes-wendy-mesley-1.5610799

See? Eating their own guts. Loving it.

FSTO said:

I saw an article (I'll try to find it) that she said the "N word" while quoting an article while discussing ideas for a primetime event on Racism in Canada in a closed conference room.

Edit: Found it, Canadaland originally broke the story. https://www.canadalandshow.com/wendy-mesley-suspended-from-the-weekly/

PuckChaser said:
I saw an article (I'll try to find it) that she said the "N word" while quoting an article while discussing ideas for a primetime event on Racism in Canada in a closed conference room.

Won't be long before authors aren't even allowed to use the word in period pieces...

Xylric said:
Won't be long before authors aren't even allowed to use the word in period pieces...

HBO has pulled Gone With the Wind.  We have a DVD copy - one of the wife's favourite movies.  I'm expecting the CRTC to do a dynamic entry through our living room window at any moment.

You should see the list of shows that netflix, hulu et al have dropped from their lineups due to viewing 70s-90s content through 2020 goggles.

FSTO said:

“a word that should never be used”

I could take a guess. But, not on here.

mariomike said:
“a word that should never be used”

I could take a guess. But, not on here.

She’ll be fine after some penalty box time. After all she’s just a national news personality who used one of the worst words in the human lexicon. Not like she’s a hockey colour guy calling a non specified group “you people” or anyone important like that.

This was a pretty good article written by a very decent chap about how radical progressives are disrupting even the grace of the core left: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/article-jk-rowling-backlash-shows-how-progressives-are-turning-on-their-own/

Back