• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

On menstruating, sharks, and parts --- a thread I recommend only for girls!!

Yrys

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Lumber said:
Won't this promote weight loss, though?  ;D

Yep, but not worth the risk of loss of muscle  ;) !

I've always wondered if women in their periods are more at risk from the smelling sha(+r)ks...

Add : A split from that thread :
Should I eat before or after my morning swim?

Lumber made his post about :

KMJAB said:
Note 3: Water Safety is important. But as a concession, I will advise against engorging oneself immediately prior to swimming alone or with inexperienced swimmer/partners in open water at night with sharks. (got a little carried away there with the qualifiers :) )

I can not believe that this thread just went there ...  :-X

Guys: Do NOT click on this link!! You really do not want to go there.

Yrys, for you:

Museum of Menstruation and Women's Health (MUM.ORG), Covering a wide array of Q&As: Myths, Facts, and Fictions

Over the course of their periods, most women lose between 50 to 150 ml (one-quarter to three-quarters cup) of blood and tissue. While this is not a physiologically significant amount, many women fear that this discharge may attract sharks. The truth is that women divers are attacked by sharks less often than men are. In his book Diving and Subaquatic Medicine, Dr. Carl Edmonds suggests that this may in part be due to a repellent effect of some component of the menstrual blood that is released. While this has not been formally tested, it is fair to say that the danger of shark attack from diving during one's period is substantially less than what results from other activities, such as spear fishing.

Yrys said:
I've always wondered if women in their periods are more at risk from the smelling shaks...

Aside from being a pretty dumb comment...wtf is a shak?  If that is the type of thing you have always wondered about women, try picking up a Sears catalogue or a Playboy...

The above comments show what happens when you click before you think.  Disregard and carry on as if I were normal.  8)

Eye In The Sky said:
Aside from being a pretty dumb comment...wtf is a shak?

It's a shark. She's franco.

And, it may be a "dumb" inquiry for a guy ... but heck ... we aren't all guys now are we?

ArmyVern said:
It's a shark. She's franco.

And, it may be a "dumb" inquiry for a guy ... but heck ... we aren't all guys now are we?

I clicked too fast thinking 'she' was a 'he' and being an ass.  My bad!

Eye In The Sky said:
Aside from being a pretty dumb comment...wtf is a shak?  If that is the type of thing you have always wondered about women, try picking up a Sears catalogue or a Playboy...

Eye in the Sky:

Bad edit by you. It was a question posted by a female. YOU may be a male and think it irrelevant and not a legitimate question, that does not make it so. I can assure you that she isn't the first female to wonder ... or ask as evidenced by the link I just posted her.

Don't be so condescending. It doesn't look good on you.

Eye In The Sky said:
I clicked too fast thinking 'she' was a 'he' and being an ass.  My bad!

Thank you. Even so, it would still be a legitimate question were a guy to wonder the same thing.

:)

Eye In The Sky said:
Aside from being a pretty dumb comment...wtf is a shak? 

It was more a question, one of those that appear in my mind, to the shock of my friends...
I don't have a lot of imagination, but I sometimes have a "strange look" into everyday's life.

I wonder if my "name" should indicate that I'm a female ? (HA, didn't forget the question mark)
The name of a flower with a pic isn't clue enough.

Sorry for the spell check... Thanks ArmyVern for the answer. It surprised me that we seem to be "protected" when we're releasing something that usually send the shaRks into frenzy... ..

I'm also wondering things about the genitals of men, but won't post...

This is a brain that should be in bed sleeping...not an excuse, just a factor!  Have mercy!

;D

OK Yrys,

I'm going to split this topic off now ...

it's time!!

;D

I completely and whole heartedly deny having anything to do with this thread, and suggest that an imposter connected to my PC with his shoe phone and a deliberate attack ensued against me designed to make me look foolish (and successful I might add!)

;D

NDP - 1, EITS - 0

Geez,

Lot of guys circling the waters here!!

ArmyVern, Eye In The Sky, infamous_p, CougarDaddy, SigOpDraco

Don't say that I didn't warn you with the title change!!  >:D

ArmyVern said:
Be thankful that I am the lone staff online -- and that I am a she!!

I'm more thankfull for the answer !

Some of these bizarre queries keep popping into my mind from time to time!

Now, I wonder what will pop next  >:D !

Yrys said:
I'm more thankfull for the answer !

Some of these bizarre queries keep popping into my mind from time to time!

Now, I wonder what will pop next  >:D !

Well, it's 0330hrs here & I'm about to run to Timmies to pick up 2 caffeine. Extra-large -- blacks. Need one to finish my essay with, and one to invigorate me for my ruck march occuring in about 4 hours time.

Please, have mercy and wait until I get back before you post anything else bizarre that may happen to "pop" into your head!!  ;D

ArmyVern said:
Please, have mercy and wait until I get back before you post anything else bizarre that may happen to "pop" into your head!!  ;D

Will do.

but I'm not sure that website is a recommendable lecture for women, without warning!!!  :

So what causes the characteristic smell of menstruation?

You're not going to like this.
    Bacteria from the anus - oh, I'll just say it: they're from feces, and are the famous Escherichia coli (E. coli) bacteria - eat the blood, cells and
    tissue running from the uterus and vagina and produce the characteristic smell of menstruation.
    Sorry.
    You say you don't have fecal bacteria in your vagina? Oh, ho, ho, yes you DO!

:-X

Yrys said:
I've always wondered if women in their periods are more at risk from the smelling sha(+r)ks...
ArmyVern said:
The truth is that women divers are attacked by sharks less often than men are.

I wonder if the author here is saying that, on average, less women are attacked by sharks or most shark attacks as are against men; in the latter, that could be attributed to more divers being men.  This is a pretty useless correlational statistic.

I realize I have at best a passing familiarity with them, but don't tampons stop most blood from leaving?

Tampons are suppose to block ALL blood, if they're good, and you're not into a "heavy flow" moment.

Mmm, know, thinking about it, maybe pression of water let most of it inside ?

ArmyVern, are you leaving upside the Tim ?

Add : Holy cow, the number of views move up  :eek: !

Back