• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

On menstruating, sharks, and parts --- a thread I recommend only for girls!!

Mortarman Rockpainter said:
This coming from a guy named "Red Eye"  ;D

That probably could be worked into one - but that surely would require another thread altogether!

"Flying the red flag was one", there's another one about "Communists in the low ground" too, or something like that.

Okay this is for the brave gentlemen reading the thread.  Sometimes we are visited by our monthly without warning.  If you notice that the print on the CADPAT pants (is that right Vern?  I'm a civilian) includes a red blotch, take the initiative and let the woman know.  Please.  Women are good about this but men try to pretend it isn't there.  It's more embarassing for a lady to walk around with that blotch and have 300 people see it, than to have one mature male let her know.  Kind of like having your skirt tucked into your pantyhose. 

And around house we also have names for the pads and tampons.  Pads = Manhole covers,  Tampons = Spark Plugs        :D

MamaBear said:
Okay this is for the brave gentlemen reading the thread.  Sometimes we are visited by our monthly without warning.  If you notice that the print on the CADPAT pants (is that right Vern?  I'm a civilian) includes a red blotch, take the initiative and let the woman know.  Please.  Women are good about this but men try to pretend it isn't there.  It's more embarassing for a lady to walk around with that blotch and have 300 people see it, than to have one mature male let her know.  Kind of like having your skirt tucked into your pantyhose. 

And around house we also have names for the pads and tampons.  Pads = Manhole covers,  Tampons = Spark Plugs        :D

I'd find myself very disturbed if I noticed that blotch in the first place (especially on CADPAT).  I've already had to put up with sprinting through Niagara Falls in the dead of winter to find a pharmacy for my now-wife when she forgot her "mission-essential kit" and wrecked the only pair of jeans she had with her - so I got to do her laundry and make that mad dash.  Loads of fun.

Well, that explains it all:

Dead of winter = One smart wife!!  ;D

MamaBear said:
I've also heard plugs and saddles.  (If I have to say which is which, you're too young to read this thread) ;)

You know, that simplicity of Total War thing is sounding better and better.

Vern, that whole episode was pretty close to a first impression...  She still gets mad when I tease her about it.

Redeye said:
You know, that simplicity of Total War thing is sounding better and better.

Vern, that whole episode was pretty close to a first impression...  She still gets mad when I tease her about it.

I advise you to be very selective about which week you tease her about it!  :eek:

Mortarman Rockpainter said:
"So....I hear you're menstruating.  How's that working out for you?"

"Would you like to try it ? You just need a fews hormones and a sex change operation ..."  >:D

(Zut, transgenders propably don't get PMS  :mad: ! )

Shiraz said:
;D

A visit from Aunt Flow

Or when the tomato boat is in port, ha!

EDIT: Thats how my ex referred to it.

A little crude, but I got the message  ;D

Again re-inforces why I like being a bloke

Umm. I guess this is the right place to ask my question!

For the Medical exam, we have to give a urine sample. Am I allowed to reschedule if I am having my monthly visit during that time?  ???

Kruggle said:

Not exactly the right place, this thread is in Radio chatter, and you're asking a question about recruitment,  >:D
but good guess :).

Kruggle said:
For the Medical exam, we have to give a urine sample. Am I allowed to reschedule if I am having my monthly visit during that time?  ???

I seem to recall having read that menstruation doesn't influence the results of the test, but as a civil, I would point to you to

Army.ca Forums > The Recruiting Office > The Recruiting Process

Kruggle said:

You're good to go --- even should it happen to be that time when Uncle Red is popping in for a quick family visit.

Been there -- done that; washed my hands good afterwards.  ;)

ArmyVern said:
You're good to go --- even should it happen to be that time when Uncle Red is popping in for a quick family visit.

Been there -- done that; washed my hands good afterwards.  ;)

When I had my medical, the WO recommended scheduling the bloodwork (and urine sample) more than 3 days before or 3 days after that time of the month. According to her, it might skew the results otherwise and cause a delay in processing the medical (i.e. I'd have to go do the tests again).

Celticgirl said:
When I had my medical, the WO recommended scheduling the bloodwork (and urine sample) more than 3 days before or 3 days after that time of the month. According to her, it might skew the results otherwise and cause a delay in processing the medical (i.e. I'd have to go do the tests again).

Well, I've done it and it was fine. That being said, I'm calling in an expert because it's quite possible that there may be times when whatever they are testing for would be affected by such, and times that menstruation would not have an affect on whatever the test was for.

I'll ask a pro in that field to post (it'll be a guy too!!).  ;D

Back