• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

On menstruating, sharks, and parts --- a thread I recommend only for girls!!

Shiraz said:
Someone beetlejuiced the guys and killed the thread.

Ladies, Bring it back!!!

What do you mean, "beetlejuiced and killed" ?

It is still here (Lu 1132 fois) ...

Yo, I have a question for all the women who have been on tour with the military...what the heck do you do when you are on your rag? It's inconvenient enough when you're at home and have all the comforts of easily accessible facilities... but what about when you're out in the field with a bunch of guys??  They just don't understand the implications of, "I need a bathroom NOW" and the potential consequences.  Maybe I don't fully understand what it is like yet, but I am just curious how you deal with it. 

JABAC said:
Yo, I have a question for all the women who have been on tour with the military...what the heck do you do when you are on your rag? It's inconvenient enough when you're at home and have all the comforts of easily accessible facilities... but what about when you're out in the field with a bunch of guys??  They just don't understand the implications of, "I need a bathroom NOW" and the potential consequences.  Maybe I don't fully understand what it is like yet, but I am just curious how you deal with it. 

Usually, we deal with it -- and live to tell the story!! That pisses some guys off!!  >:D

Really, a bathroom would be nice -- but isn't necessary. Heck - it's a war zone.

(Read 1211 times)

Celticgirl said:
"On your rag"? Are we in junior high?  ::)

This could branch this off into a whole new area of discussion:

Commonly used terms in describing rafting "trips on the river".  ;)

ArmyVern said:
This could branch this off into a whole new area of discussion:

Commonly used terms in describing rafting "trips on the river".  ;)
:rofl:

Celticgirl said:
"On your rag"? Are we in junior high?  ::)

Was it how it was suppose to be called then  :-[ ?

No wonder girls look at me askew, calling the thing "menstruation", "period" or "I'm in the red ", no age proper vocabulary, sheez  :p!!!

"Lues : 1289"

Oh good lord.  There are so many euphemisms for menstruation
I think I'll steer clear of the whole thing, however.  It could get messy.

It's encouraging to see males asking questions about this; they should continue to do so. :)

Afterall, it's still considered somewhat of a discussion taboo and not quite the type of topic one would initiate when "breaking  the ice" at a party, for example.

I think over the course of a woman's lifetime she will occasionally find herself unprepared for the sudden/unexpected onset of menses--in the wrong place/at the wrong time. Basically when that happens ... a woman will just do what she has to do ... necessity is the mother of invention. On the other hand, I've found that at times of great physical stress in my life (I'm 50 and a civilian), my body has responded by delaying menses. In 1979 while travelling through Europe from country to country with my female roomate--we both ceased menstruation all together for the entire three months. Our knapsacks were heavy and we did meet some very unique, dangerous situations in the Mediterranean ... 

This is a productive discussion. I hope it demystifies this natural female process for some of the men out there.

Keep asking questions and we'll try not to do the beetlejuice thing- ???-not sure what that is though.

leroi said:
Afterall, it's still considered somewhat of a discussion taboo and not quite the type of topic one would initiate when "breaking  the ice" at a party, for example.
I don't know about that.
"So....I hear you're menstruating.  How's that working out for you?"

;D

Mortarman Rockpainter said:
I don't know about that.
"So....I hear you're menstruating.  How's that working out for you?"

;D

There is a good way to earn yourself a slap across the face.

Ah the Beetlejuice thing -- I suspect it's something along these lines :

"Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice!!"

There, saying that 3 times -- I have reversed the curse put upon us.  ;)

Surely, you must all remember that movie no??  :-\

ENGINEERS WIFE said:
Men, sometimes ya gotta wonder what they are thinking?  But, having said that what ARE they thinking?  Or maybe that should be a whole other thread.  I still have mine, luv him and he's a great father, despite almost missing the birth.  But, what the hell are they thinking?
Never thought I'd get involved in this thread, but I couldn't resist when I read this post. You asked, so here you go. Although I must add that women seem to make this whole thing much more complicated than it really is. Remember who you are talking to, and talking about; we're really not that complicated. So, in the immortal words of Jeff Foxworthy, what men are really thinking:
I wanna a beer...and I wanna to see something neked!
PS. Maybe it should be a whole other thread.

ex-Sup
You're right!  Men do tell us what they are thinking.  When they're not speaking it's because it will get them in trouble, only with women though, or they aren't thinking much.  Or like you eloquently put it "i wanna a beer ..... and I wanna see something neked!" which I think Ron"Tater Tot" White said. Jeff's buddy on tour.

ENGINEERS WIFE said:
When they're not speaking it's because it will get them in trouble
I dunno...there are times I get in trouble either way. I often get "why aren't you talking to me" and conversely, "please shut up will you." Based on my previous post, I contend that men are not the complicated ones, rather vice versa. But then again, I'll probably get in trouble for saying that.
I tell me wife all the time that I can't seem to do anything right...she tells me it's because I'm a man. I give up!  ???

ENGINEERS WIFE said:
ex-Sup
You're right!  Men do tell us what they are thinking.  When they're not speaking it's because it will get them in trouble, only with women though, or they aren't thinking much.  Or like you eloquently put it "i wanna a beer ..... and I wanna see something neked!" which I think Ron"Tater Tot" White said. Jeff's buddy on tour.

Ron's "Tater Salad" - "Tater Tot" is his son.  That man, incidentally, is a drunken genius.  His bit about his flight within Texas where one of the engines cut out is hilarious - panicked passenger asks "How far do you think we can fly on one engine?!"  - "All the way to the scene of the crash - and I bet we beat the paramedics by thirty minutes!"

My Street Spanish guide had about 20 different euphemisms for menstruation most of which were funnier than any in English - but having little use for them they haven't really stuck in my head.

Redeye said:
My Street Spanish guide had about 20 different euphemisms for menstruation most of which were funnier than any in English - but having little use for them they haven't really stuck in my head.
This coming from a guy named "Red Eye"  ;D

ex-Sup said:
I dunno...there are times I get in trouble either way. I often get "why aren't you talking to me" and conversely, "please shut up will you." Based on my previous post, I contend that men are not the complicated ones, rather vice versa. But then again, I'll probably get in trouble for saying that.
I tell me wife all the time that I can't seem to do anything right...she tells me it's because I'm a man. I give up!  ???

It is precisely at times such as these, that things like this come in handy:

Men: Mystery solved with two AAA Batteries (I prefer energizer BTW); how simple is that?

pic29617.jpg

Back