• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

On Line or Otherwise Entitlement Listing

Harris

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
If anyone knows where one could find the Clothing Entitlement listing I would appreciate it.  My Unit is supported by an Air Force Base and it seems that every time my soldiers go into clothing stores to get issued kit, it depends who is on duty as to what they get issued.  When I went in for my issue I was asked by the Cpl working to come with him and point out what I should be issued.  (I know, I know.  I should have pointed at one of everything)  :)  I know roughly what I'm entitled to but the young, new Pte does not and as a result they are showing up on Ex without all the proper kit.  Even senior guys are getting the run around there.  If I could locate the actual requirements I plan on taking a copy with me on my next visit.

You might want to check out the CANFORGENS and see if there is anything there regarding initial issuse of equipment and clothing.  Other than that try and get intouch with CFB St Jean of even CFB Borden and see if they will send you a list of the basic entitlement.

Scales are accessible through the DIN, ADM(Mat), Lognet site.  Any supply tech should be able to pull up the basic clothing scale.  I'm not a supply tech and was able to find out what explosive workers are entitled to.  I'm not at work of I would give more info.  Drop me a PM if you haven't resolved it by Wednesday, thats when I'm back.

I have had this problem too (over the years I have managed to get the things I'm lacking). Not with myself more or less but with my troops. It seems the land (in my case reserve) basic kit issue seems to be different with almost every troop I send to clothing stores to get an initial kit issue. An Army reserve kit issue (in my case for my troops) should be the same across Canada...right?. Varies by area? Trade? I guess there is a difference with basic kit issue and "minimum amount of kit" issue. Any Supply tech's out there can shed the light on this situation?. I will look up next time at the office on the DIN for this scale of issue. I'm very interested.

Thanx for the good comments and ideas.  I'll be at work tonight so I'll try the DIN to see what is there.

Sir i had a list and threw it out a month or two ago. all i did was after countless times of doing kit ups for my troops,went to the Po/Sgt in store and told him that i needed a list of the BEL (basic equipment list) for my troops. He said oh ya that their was a difference in the issue for Reg/ Reserve, when he printed off the list it was the same for the two. the onyl thing is excpet that they cannot issue what theydont have ithen proceeded to ask why it was such a hassle to get the soldiers the proper kit. And asked if he cared to go to the field with us the next tiem we went and see if the troops didnt need warm jackets and bivy bags, he declined and siad that he would look into the matter. needless to say i didnt have a problem after that. I also asked what the requiremnt wqas for the office wokers to be wearing a wet weather gortex boot. he said yes i understand what yuo are getting at. . They lie and they cheat and act as if they are doing you a favor, yet it is the soldier on the ground we all support. good luck

Back