• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Old olive drab uniforms

sidemount

Inactive
Reaction score
So I was going through so old boxes and found some old olive drab uniforms and webbing

Any supply folks, am I good to toss this stuff?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

If I was you I wouldn't toss it. Check if that stuff is what the cadets use these days. Personally, I know plenty of cadets who would love to buy old OD equipment.

sidemount said:
So I was going through so old boxes and found some old olive drab uniforms and webbing

By the book it should be returned to your local Clothing Stores.

While it may not be on your docs, some value is recouped in the returns process when it is sold off at CADC as bulk scrap textile. 

Halifax Tar said:
By the book it should be returned to your local Clothing Stores.

While it may not be on your docs, some value is recouped in the returns process when it is sold off at CADC as bulk scrap textile.
Cool thanks, Ill get in contact with clothing stores when Im back on base and see if they want it back.

sidemount said:

Yeah, talk to your clothing stores. although the army cadets uses something similiar to the old ODs, they are actually custom made for them. However, OD parkas and mukluks are usually given to cadets. chances are it will either end up as scrap or being sold off to surplus stores where air cadets will gobble them up for FTXs.

It's been 9+ months since sidemount - somebody who's spent a few years in yer actual Armed Forces, by the way - posted his question. It is fair to assume that he disposed of the kit in some suitable way fairly early in that period. Checking the dates of older posts prior to responding is generally a good idea.

The educational part of your post was worthwhile, though. I suspect that a lot of people would be unaware of the value of older kit.

Loachman said:
It's been 9+ months since sidemount - somebody who's spent a few years in yer actual Armed Forces, by the way - posted his question. It is fair to assume that he disposed of the kit in some suitable way fairly early in that period. Checking the dates of older posts prior to responding is generally a good idea.

The educational part of your post was worthwhile, though. I suspect that a lot of people would be unaware of the value of older kit.

My bad- I didn't even realize. I will make sure to check post dates in the future!

Yes I have, although I still have my OD Parka. No real need for me to have a Cadpat one.

However its def good to know that the old gear can be put to good use.

DanteKania said:
My bad- I didn't even realize. I will make sure to check post dates in the future!

No problem. We've had worse "offenders" - sometimes by several years.

There's nothing wrong with posting in an older thread, where appropriate and/or timely.

Back