• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Oh, to be Danish..... *sigh*

Gunnerlove said:
Umm the Dutch are from Holland.

Actually - "The Netherlands".  A Dutch soldier of mine once explained it this way - calling The Netherlands "Holland", while it may be accepted the world round, is similar to calling Canada "Ontario".  It seemed a touchy point with him, so I made a point of always saying The Netherlands - made him (and my other Dutch troops and superiors) happy.

geo said:
Dutch soldiers I have worked with have always been very professional
and volunteers (though sometimes a little scruffy)
.... the Military is unionized... so is our RCMP - no reason why the Cdn military couldn't be unionized as well - lord knows that's how they treat us anyway with respect to dealing with Public service and military in the same way... we just don't pay union dues
Geo, we are discussing the DANISH Military, not the Dutch...
And no thanks for the union, I'll leave before I pay union fees in the Military.

Doh!!!!

Sorry..... Dutch, Danes...
musta been sleeping at the switch.
Nice country. Have not had much experience with Danes military though

Jungle said:
Geo, we are discussing the DANISH Military, not the Dutch...
And no thanks for the union, I'll leave before I pay union fees in the Military.
Isn't that the mess dues and EI premiums we pay?

Spartan.... Everyone pays EI
as for mess dues.... I deduct em under the Union dues heading on my annual tax return
and have been doing so for some 30 years.

Is that legal? If so, does that mean I can claim the (roughly) $350.00 that comes off of my paycheque for rations?

Leopard 2A5's, CV-90/35's Absalon class ships, F-16's with AAMRAM and datalink, C-130J's EH-101's, and attack helicopters.

Dog.... rations are not = to Mess dues.

Back