• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Officer occupations – Which one should I choose?

Im not out of the woods yet haha. One step at a time. From what I've heard, if you do what you are told, CFLRS isn't that bad.

Goodeman said:
Im not out of the woods yet haha. One step at a time. From what I've heard, if you do what you are told, CFLRS isn't that bad.

As long as you are a morning person than it should be ok...I personally am not a coffee drinker so am I in trouble? lol

Nice, nice. I am jelous, because I got no such email  :-\

Congrats though  :nod:

Goodeman said:
Mornings aren't bad. Its 18 hour days that are killer haha.

Only 18 hours? well that is a walk in the park isn't it? or maybe it is dragging your sore tired feet after the first 15? We will all make it through. Getting that email will inspire you and others when they also get that message.

Lostly :cdn:

Lostly said:
Only 18 hours? well that is a walk in the park isn't it? or maybe it is dragging your sore tired feet after the first 15? We will all make it through. Getting that email will inspire you and others when they also get that message.

Lostly :cdn:

It's true, every night I check my email, and every call to my house.. I wish it's the RC  :p

Goodeman said:

This. Just play the game. Its for 3 months and its in place for a reason.

Christmas is almost here  :nod:

Just a question. How long is the average time for the CFNRCC to send the file to your local RC?

Lostly
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays  :snowman:  :gottree:

TYLERgibson said:
Artillery. Put the application in august 8th got a call within a month.
How did you get it so fast? lol and when would the CFNRCC and the RC's open after xmas?

Just did? Every application is different, I've waited longer for my interview because of the break for xmas. Not to mention I had already completed my CFAT from the co-op program. It also could be that the artillery trade at the moment is open, and whatever trade you're applying to is not.

Cheers,
Tyler.

Hi,
I use to be in the reserves. I was released in '07.
I recently filled out an online application for the regular forces to become an officer.
I want to go through the ROTP route and hopefully become a pilot.
I'm just wondering what the application procedure is for rotp? Can I expect to start school at a certain time?
Or is there no way to really know? I applied a week ago and so I still need to send them
My transcripts and other paperwork.

Hello,  I am going to apply for infantry when I turn 17 and go to post secondary in the meantime and leave the course if i am accepted into the Canadian forces. would the recruiters frown on me leaving post secondary for joining the military? I will graduate highschool in a few months and I still will be 16.  i have heard infantry is really compete so I decided it might help to get post secondary. but I have also heard when it comes to infantry post secondary does not matter is this true? If it is not true what post secondary course do you guys recommend? I would not want to spend a lot of cash and wouldn't want to stay long in post secondary as I just want to be in the military thanks.

If you are already going to post secondary, why not stay in the four years and get your degree and then apply to be an officer?

taylorwagner221 said:
Hello,  I am going to apply for infantry when I turn 17 and go to post secondary in the meantime and leave the course if i am accepted into the Canadian forces. would the recruiters frown on me leaving post secondary for joining the military? I will graduate highschool in a few months and I still will be 16.  i have heard infantry is really compete so I decided it might help to get post secondary. but I have also heard when it comes to infantry post secondary does not matter is this true? If it is not true what post secondary course do you guys recommend? I would not want to spend a lot of cash and wouldn't want to stay long in post secondary as I just want to be in the military thanks.

I'm kind of in the same boat here...
From what I've read up on, asked for, and researched, there is pretty much no specific course that can perpare yourself for infantry.. so I've heard. I would consider taking subject courses that you are good at, or excel at. And I find it's quite odd to be graduating at age 16, oh well. (I think you need to be 17 with parental consent to apply, however 16 with parental for the OTP? I think...) Anyway...
And I doubt they would "frown upon" leaving post-secondary if you get accepted, because they'd see what you're willing to do to get into the military in the first place by "bettering yourself"..  Post secondary would be a good thing, and I'm looking to do the same if I do not get accepted by next september (I hope I do)..
Infantry is crowded with troops apparently, and I was told by a national recruiter "there are hundreds of applications, but not enough jobs," maybe even thousands. Infantry is a very tough, competative trade at the moment, and there is not much action for Canadian ground troops. Canada is also planning to pull out of Afghanistan by the end of 2013 I believe, but I doubt we'd totally be out... I heard Canada could move into Mali due to the situation there, but thats another rumour...
All in all, education cannot hurt, and would do good.. just make your application as competative as can be, so I've been told.. but you aren't alone in this situation, and there are many, many more people ahead of you however, respectfully.

Hope plans work out,

Back