• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Officer occupations – Which one should I choose?

I've been looking through the recruiting process threads and there appears to be, on average, a six month delay between initial application submission (along with all supporting documents) and CFAT/medical/interview. In recent history there does not appear to be very many exceptions.

While I'd be happier to see shorter wait times, I will gladly utilize this time to prepare, upgrade some of my grades, get as fit as possible, continue with my civilian goals, and generally endeavour to make my application as attractive as humanly possible in the time provided.

S8W7 said:
I've been looking through the recruiting process threads and there appears to be, on average, a six month delay between initial application submission (along with all supporting documents) and CFAT/medical/interview. In recent history there does not appear to be very many exceptions.

From what I see there is a reason for this!  People who post to this forum have run into road blocks of some sort during the recruiting process and come here for help, so they should be considered the "exception" and not the norm.  If you applied and your file is processed, med, CFAT, interview and then enrolled, you would have no reason to even seek out assistance, which is what you are seeing in the posts.

Some factors that need to be considered if your contemplating joining the CF are:

a.  the time of the year when you apply;
b.  whether or not you have current and or prior medical issues;  and
c.  just what occupation you are applying for!!!  (ie; are there positions available)

There are many reasons why there is such a delay and these are only three of the more common ones.  Keep in mind, that the military should not be viewed as a last resort for employment, which regretably some people seem to perceive.  When in fact on average, only 1 out of every 10 people who apply, will actually receive an offer of employment....

Let me makes this rather blunt and clear...........

If you are an "applicant" to the CF and at anytime during the past year, you were told your application was CLOSED because "no positions were available" and a Recruiter recommended that you re-apply in the New Year (ie; Mar-Apr 13),  I would highly encourage you to resubmit your application on-line NOW!!!!!  Not March or April but NOW!!!

http://www.forces.ca/en/page/howtoapply-106#applynow-7

I would genuinely hate to see you apply in March or April based on the Recruiters advice to "re-apply in the new year", only to receive an email, phone call or letter at the end of April or shortly thereafter saying "Thank you for your interest in the CF but the occupations you have chosen are CLOSED for this year".....and it will happen!!!

DAA said:
From what I see there is a reason for this!  People who post to this forum have run into road blocks of some sort during the recruiting process and come here for help, so they should be considered the "exception" and not the norm.  If you applied and your file is processed, med, CFAT, interview and then enrolled, you would have no reason to even seek out assistance, which is what you are seeing in the posts.

Some factors that need to be considered if your contemplating joining the CF are:

a.  the time of the year when you apply;
b.  whether or not you have current and or prior medical issues;  and
c.  just what occupation you are applying for!!!  (ie; are there positions available)

There are many reasons why there is such a delay and these are only three of the more common ones.  Keep in mind, that the military should not be viewed as a last resort for employment, which regretably some people seem to perceive.  When in fact on average, only 1 out of every 10 people who apply, will actually receive an offer of employment....

I have not hit any roadblocks. Just asking questions in general because I am a new applicant. I know I applied on halloween night of this year lol. So I just have to sit and wait my turn is all. Fingers crossed and see what happens. If my trades ( Military Police, Supply Technician and Artillery ) are open and the people at NB and my local RC want to select me for CFAT, Medical and Interview...wonderful  :snowman:

Lostly said:
I have not hit any roadblocks. Just asking questions in general because I am a new applicant. I know I applied on halloween night of this year lol. So I just have to sit and wait my turn is all. Fingers crossed and see what happens. If my trades ( Military Police, Supply Technician and Artillery ) are open and the people at NB and my local RC want to select me for CFAT, Medical and Interview...wonderful  :snowman:

So you applied in late October, which means that your application was processed in early Nov, so you fall into paragraph a. above of my "reasons for delay".

Regretably, positions for the occupations you selected were probably already handed out by the time you applied or your file was not "fully" processed in time for merit listing.

Application timing has alot to do with it!!!

DAA said:
So you applied in late October, which means that your application was processed in early Nov, so you fall into paragraph a. above of my "reasons for delay".

Regretably, positions for the occupations you selected were probably already handed out by the time you applied or your file was not "fully" processed in time for merit listing.

Application timing has alot to do with it!!!

Oh well, if that is the case I will just wait to see what happens. Called NB for an update so will see what they have to say. I will not worry until they say thanks but no thanks. Positive attitude and hard work always pays off in the end.

Lostly said:
Oh well, if that is the case I will just wait to see what happens. Called NB for an update so will see what they have to say. I will not worry until they say thanks but no thanks. Positive attitude and hard work always pays off in the end.

But don't fret.....  cause it is now "pre-processing" time, so your file will most likely be sent to your local CFRC for next years positions.

DAA said:
But don't fret.....  cause it is now "pre-processing" time, so your file will most likely be sent to your local CFRC for next years positions.
That would be wonderful. That time of year is usually around April? That will give me more time to get into shape and practice for the CFAT. I think it is April? lol

Yeahhh I applied in October, early October..
Waiting on the dates for CFAT/Medical/Interview... etc...

Seems I missed the boat by about a month or two, since most of the people in the recruit process threads seemed to have gotten their offers mid-November. Since I applied the first week of December, it will be interesting to see how long it takes to receive word from North Bay.

I'm going to bet it will be six months before my local CFRC receives my file.

S8W7 said:
Seems I missed the boat by about a month or two, since most of the people in the recruit process threads seemed to have gotten their offers mid-November. Since I applied the first week of December, it will be interesting to see how long it takes to receive word from North Bay.

I'm going to bet it will be six months before my local CFRC receives my file.

Everything will work out in the end. Don't worry and keep doing what you are doing and it will happen. Think positive and enjoy the process. Without patience brings worry and worry brings heartache. You will make it.

Lostly

I applied last February and my file just got transferred on Thursday of this last week.

Infantry. Hands down. My file got transferred for "pre-processing in anticipation for the new year"

Afternoon everyone,

I received an email from CFNRCC stating that they are reviewing my documents for competitiveness and eligibility. Also they will contact me with further instructions for the processing of my file once the review is complete. This sounds like good news to me. Any opinions are helpful from all of you.

Lostly

Goodeman said:
Infantry. Hands down. My file got transferred for "pre-processing in anticipation for the new year"

Congratulations Goodeman, Your face must be an ear to ear smile with that news.

Lostly

I was sick as a dog, hadn't slept for 2 days and was having a terrible day at work, and it wasn't even 9 am yet haha. After i got that e-mail I had a grin that no one could remove. It was a good day :D

Goodeman said:
I was sick as a dog, hadn't slept for 2 days and was having a terrible day at work, and it wasn't even 9 am yet haha. After i got that e-mail I had a grin that no one could remove. It was a good day :D

That makes a great early Christmas present. You will do just fine. Congratulations. Now I am wondering what life at CFLRS is like. I hear different things but would love to see if they do an open house for possible new candidates.

Lostly

Back