• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

October Officer Selection Board

nickinguelph

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey all,
I am applying in for LOG Officer, and have been informed that I have scored very highly, and am very competitive for the selection process (tho I do know my chances are slim right now).  However my application was completed over the summer, but not in time for the August call, thus I have been waiting for the Fall call to be announced.
Does anyone know if it has been announced yet?  I have read on another post that people have been receiving phone calls from their CFRC with offers yesterday (Oct 7th/08).  I have contacted my CFRC and spoke with the commanding officer, and he informed me that there has been no announcement yet, tho he did just get back from field exercise.
I am very confused, can anyone help??
Cheers!

Note -  the reason why i am impatient about this is that if I do not get selected, I am getting laser eye surgery in order to qualify for air crew status, as I will be applying for AEC in April, so i need to know asap lol

I was wondering the same thing, so I followed up on the 6th and got my call that same day. So I guess the calls have started, but I've also heard that you might now get the call until a couple weeks before BMOQ starts. Hope that helps.

Also, if you do get laser eye surgery, just know that you wont be able to be processed until 3 months AFTER the surgery date (I had it done as well). So if you get it done in January, you wont be able to go in until earliest March.

mjc_1812 said:
Also, if you do get laser eye surgery, just know that you wont be able to be processed until 3 months AFTER the surgery date (I had it done as well). So if you get it done in January, you wont be able to go in until earliest March.

Yeah, I have been in contact with the Hamilton CFRC, as Kitchener is based out of there.  The medical staff have been very helpful with explaining the whole process, and the requirements after I get the surgery.
So this is why I am eager to find out, so that if I do have to get the surgery, I can get it asap.  So that I can get through the 3 month wait for my eyes to stabilize and have my app reactivated for the April call.
Now I am going in through Reg Force DEO, would this be the same selection committee decision?  As i have seen in another posting that DEO's are done seperately.
Cheers!  and thanks for your reply!

Hiya;  I was working in recruiting until the start of this year.  LOG-O was OSL selection when I was there.  That means that it was selected at the CFRC by CFRC staff depending on openings.  Your best bet is to call your CFRC and ask when they are running their next OSL selection.  You can also ask them how your score compares to the quality control line (NB, DON'T ask for your score, they will not give it to you).  If possible, POLITELY ask to speak to or leave a message for the person doing the OSL selection (likely to be the Production officer), it may help ensure that nothing goes off the rails.

OSL selections in Hamilton are done anytime there is a vacancy open and someone merit listed for it. You did not get a call for LOG as there are No positions available until next April. There is also competition for LOG  and few positions. If you have a chance at AEC it's a high priority occupation now so you have a much higher chance of getting in if you meet all the criteria, High CFAT score and pass the Air Crew medical.  Best of Luck.

Back