• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Occupational Transfer Interviews

wannabepilot

Inactive
Reaction score
Good Morning All,

I was wondering if an assisting officer is able to sit-in during the compulsory occupational reassignment interview?  Apparently, because the interview
is protected B no one else besides the interviewer and the interviewee are allowed to be there (according to the BPSO). 

wannabepilot

I may be putting my foot in my mouth here, but an assisting officer is someone who supports the accused during a summary trial, so that doesn't apply to you as you haven't been charged with anything...or have you? :p

Seriously, the BPSO is there to help you. Be honest with her/him, stand your ground for trades that you really don't want to do and keep an open mind for others.  Someone might be able to post the reassignment list so you can pick something that is open.

Good luck.

Im always honest, but my options are really limited.  I have the choice to go army officer, NCM or release.  I am 1 year away from
completing my degree which would open myself up to Air Force officer trades.  I want to stay, for the sake of one year of studies, I
honestly believe they are willing to let me go.

Sorry to cut in on this but i have a relevent question.  Part of my question has been answered so yeah.  For my CT I have a COS date of 8 July 10 but in my offer it was originally 07 July 10 so my release from my res unit is 6 July 10 so I have one full day where I do not belong to anyone at all.  My res unit clerk booked my flight to Gagetown for 6 July 10, Should I be paid for the two days my COS date or am I not to be paid for them at all and if i am who would be responsible for paying for me reg or res unit?

Thanks.

davidsonr_91 said:
Sorry to cut in on this but i have a relevent question.  Part of my question has been answered so yeah.  For my CT I have a COS date of 8 July 10 but in my offer it was originally 07 July 10 so my release from my res unit is 6 July 10 so I have one full day where I do not belong to anyone at all.  My res unit clerk booked my flight to Gagetown for 6 July 10, Should I be paid for the two days my COS date or am I not to be paid for them at all and if i am who would be responsible for paying for me reg or res unit?

Thanks.

I would ask your clerk to rebook the flight for the 7th of July.  There's no need for your release day and travel day to be the same.  If you are traveling, you should be paid for it, as well.

Yup that is quite a thread hijack and quite disrespectful to the OP if you ask me.

Now, wannabepilot, are some of the other AF trades really of interest to you? Because you do have to understand, as far as pilot is concerned it is over. As well, understand that if you release right now and re-enroll in a year it might not look fantastic. There may not be spots. Hell they may not hire at all. What trades are you being offered?

Hi TimBit,
Yes I know, the pilot dream is over.  I also am aware that the CF may not be hiring next year.  One thing I do need to do is work on
completing my degree.  They are offering me Army Officer trades, NCM, or release.  I am enrolled under CEOTP which is causing me this
grief.  If I transfer to NCM it will make it hard to complete the degree while training in my new trade, and I guess the only way to
enroll under ROTP is to release.  I believe the latter is the wise choice; complete the degree whether with the CF's help or not. 
wannabe

If finishing your degree is your main concern, and I think it is a very valid one, say so to the BPSO. Ask him/her what options would allow you to complete the degree. If none are available, then yes, perhaps releasing and trying again later would be your best bet.

Good luck!

wannabepilot said:
Hi TimBit,
Yes I know, the pilot dream is over. 

Forgive me for ressurecting an old thread, and as well for an ignorant question...

But why is the pilot dream over? Are they full? and if so will they not be hiring at SOME point in the future (near or distant)? or is there some kind of rule that prevents OT to Pilot?

The OP was a pilot and apparently did not fare well in his/her training.

wannabepilot said:
Good Morning All,

I was wondering if an assisting officer is able to sit-in during the compulsory occupational reassignment interview?  Apparently, because the interview
is protected B no one else besides the interviewer and the interviewee are allowed to be there (according to the BPSO). 

wannabepilot

To go back to the original question of this thread, in terms of a PSO interview, there should be no requirement for an assisting officer.  It's exactly that, an interview.  The PSO is there to see you, not you and another person.  So if the PSO refuses to allow an "assisting officer" into the interview, it makes logical sense.

The PSO is there to help you BTW...that's why I am kind of thrown back by your question.  Hope everything works out for you!

Yes - I have read all of the posts and threads (that I could find) about Component transfers and going from Reserves to Regular force and how CT's can take a lot of time, and perhaps we shouldn't waste the recruiters' time and might as well go Regular force to begin with. Okay, I understand that (especially now and after I've written the CFAT 3 weeks ago..).

I applied to the Reserves.

This is possibly my mistake to begin with anyway. My question is, considering I got an e-mail saying I passed the CFAT and am qualified for one or more of my preferred trades, that I will eventually have an interview. I've always had a vision of having a career in the military, BUT with all honesty, I DO want to test the waters and make sure I enjoy it before I sign on the dotted line. That being said, if all goes well, I DO want to eventually go Regular Force.

If, for any reason (as I get more excited and closer to that interview) I decide I want to quickly change my mind and just go Regular Force, would I make a complete fool of myself by telling this to the Recruiter/Interviewer? "Hi I applied to the Reserves and I want to see how it goes but I have a strong feeling it will go well and I'll eventually go Regular Force...if I'm qualified for these trades then can I just quickly change my application to Reg instead of Reserve and continue the process?" I already sound like an idiot.

The biggest thing for me here is that I've waited SO long for this as I applied 2 years ago and failed the CFAT. I DO NOT want to do anymore waiting than I have to, and I've finally come to the legitimate recruiting process. If I requested to change to Regular force, would I have to start ALL over again? Has anyone ever felt like this? Any idea of what to do?

:salute:

lohocard said:
If I requested to change to Regular force, would I have to start ALL over again?

Alderson said:
I just gave them a call and told the recruiter my situation. He was actually very helpful and switched my interest thingy from reserve to regular and said that my new file manager would call me within a few days to set up another interview and doing an update on my medical.

As always,  Recruiting is your most trusted source of information.

mariomike said:
As always,  Recruiting is your most trusted source of information.

Thank you for your reply, I suppose my searching wasn't as good as it should have been..now my next problem is that the recruiting centre isn't open until January 3rd for the holidays... :mad:

Based on your reply this should mean that it shouldn't take extra time just because I changed my mind, and that I don't need to re-write the CFAT, and can continue the process. Relief will come soon.

:salute:

lohocard said:
Thank you for your reply,

You are welcome. Good luck.  :)

It was just a quote of what another Applicant said.

Good Day,

I did want to state that the sooner you tell your file manager that you want to switch, the better.  While the CFAT is the same for both Reg & PRes occupations, the entry standards sometimes differ; so while you may qualify for certain trades in the PRes you may not qualify for the exact same trades in the Regular Force.

Cheers,

Back