• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Occupation Name Change - Air Navigator To Air Combat Systems Officer

Aerospaced_out

Inactive
Reaction score
Just an FYI post. Long rumoured it is now official. This new name for MOSID 00182 becomes effective 1 January 2009. 

Aerospaced_out said:
Just an FYI post. Long rumoured it is now official. This new name for MOSID 00182 becomes effective 1 January 2009. 

It won't make them any more useful.  ;D

(Sorry, couldn't help it.)

No, but seeing as they are generally literate they wouldn't place "omnipotent" into a location field.  :p
They'd use "omnipresent". Moreover, given how many of them there are, that might not even be a boast!

I've also seen email about the name of CFANS (from the CO CFANS) changing soon as well, in line with the soon-to-be-new name for ANAV.

I believe the proposed name that the CAS is in favour of is CFACSS (CF Air Combat Systems School).

Eye In The Sky said:
I've also seen email about the name of CFANS (from the CO CFANS) changing soon as well, in line with the soon-to-be-new name for ANAV.

I believe the proposed name that the CAS is in favour of is CFACSS (CF Air Combat Systems School).

CFANS should have a new name around the end of November. It might not be what you think.

CFANS will change its name with the next BANC wings grad at the end of Nov, along with the MOSID name change (but yes, it won't take effect until 01 Jan.)  No official word on what it is though.

That's kind of exciting. I've passed the name change on to the other 2 ANAVs I'm currently on BOTP with. Any idea when the next course would be? And if the course content would be updated/changed?

DonaldMcL said:
That's kind of exciting. I've passed the name change on to the other 2 ANAVs I'm currently on BOTP with. Any idea when the next course would be? And if the course content would be updated/changed?

Expect BANC (BACSOC?) 0901 sometime in the Feb/Mar timeframe.  Some things will be changed for 0901...I can't remember too many specifics but I remember them telling us that Inertial Nav System won't be covered in as much detail.  Be thankful for that.  ;D

Do they only run one course at a time. We're not done till the end of Nov so I highly doubt any of us would be course loaded for a Feb course. Should I expect a lot of OJT? 
Heh, getting rid of Inertia is nice =D

DonaldMcL said:
Do they only run one course at a time.

No. There are 3 or 4 courses in house right now ( at various stages of training).

DonaldMcL said:

Go back and read his post. He did not say " getting rid of inertial" did he ?

DonaldMcL said:
Do they only run one course at a time. We're not done till the end of Nov so I highly doubt any of us would be course loaded for a Feb course. Should I expect a lot of OJT? 

It's hard to say when the course loading would be, especially since the courses aren't always all Canadian students.  There are quite a few international students as well.  Also, I just said that INS would be shortened (less detail on the inner workings), not taken out.

Oh, and the last few courses (and the upcoming one) are looking at 12-13 months for course length.  So, they're getting better...

I take it with a name change like that, one should expect the transport roll good as dead for ANAVs, n'est-ce pas?

KingKikapu said:
I take it with a name change like that, one should expect the transport roll good as dead for ANAVs, n'est-ce pas?

They still have Herc OTUs...the J's aren't going to be coming all at once.

Dimsum said:
They still have Herc OTUs...the J's aren't going to be coming all at once.

and even after they do, we will still be operating H models so we will still need Navs ACSOs for them.

FWSAR will still be using ACSO's - so lots of jobs left in AMAG.

Straight from the CAS as of last night....CFANS will become 1 CFFTS.

Back