• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Obtaining Medical records:

Paul Gillman

Inactive
Reaction score
Would anyone know how I go about obtaining my Militray Medical records? I also saw Veteran's Affairs doctors and would like to get my file from them as well.

Any help greatly appreciated.

CAF 1975-1981

Freedom of Information Act.  You can go online and find the forms and addresses.  Once upon a time you could get them at the Post Office.

Access to Information Request Form  <- click on that link or cut and paste this -> http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/tbsf-fsct/350-57_e.asp

If you have problems accessing the above form, please contact:

Corporate Communications
Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
E-mail: tbs-sct@tbs-sct.gc.ca
Telephone: (613) 957-2400 or Toll free: 1-877-636-0656
TTY: (613) 957-9090
Fax: (613) 998-9071
Address: 10th Floor, West Tower
300 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0G5

Paul Gillman said:
Would anyone know how I go about obtaining my Militray Medical records? I also saw Veteran's Affairs doctors and would like to get my file from them as well.

Any help greatly appreciated.

CAF 1975-1981

Paul, when I retired I obtained all of my medical records, Unit Pers File (that one was easy - I was the Chief Clerk and simply photocopied it), and my NDHQ file (Career Manager's File).  I don't recall the databank numbers required - someone still serving may be able to help you out there.

I do recall send the forms in (go HERE:  http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/tbsf-fsct/tbsf-fsct_e.asp ), and receiving the files within a few weeks.  There may well have been a cost involved, but if there was it was insignificant enough that I don't recall it now.

I don't recall it being any great hassle, and it was certainly useful for my civilian physician to have my complete medical history handed to him.

Roy

I do believe that pension advocates with the Legion can also help you out that way as well.

MM

Back